She just wants a good picture:)
C&C Welcome:)

Full res:

This one is heavy on post-pro. Here’s a pure render:

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/8NYK6

6 Likes

I love it. high wow factor

Happy to hear that:)

Very well executed! Your post-processing is excellent and ties it all together into a beautiful aesthetic.

Nice post work! DO you have some more images of the work. curious how the tornado and ligjting was done?

impressive indeed. so only the clouds are photo?

i especially love the lighting you have…

.b

I like the theme of your image. It tells a story.

Glad you all like it:)

The lighting used for the render was just a hdr with a few planes blocking the sun to imitate clouds.
I wanted to make the tornado entirely in blender but my PC wanted to kill me after i tried:D ( i’m working on a AMD A6-3650, time to upgrade!) So i decided to do some photoshop magic to the tornado. Its just a few clouds and smoke textures overlayed on the tornado.

Here’s the pure render again without all those wierd transparency problems:

I actually started working on this a while back so I don’t exackly remember how I’ve made the tornado:) but I used particles as emiters for the smoke and animeted them over some time using different force fields.

And here’s the same just with the base texture for the sky:

Then I just overlayed some nice textures over the tornado and the sky, used a soft brush on a lighten and darken layers to shape the sky a bit more, adjusted the sky with curves and vibrance layers to fit the rest of the render and added some athmospheric effects using the Zpass from blender:

I was finished so I added some drama with a few adjusment layers and also decided to just paint in the light rays in the background with a soft brush:

So that’s how the tornado and lightning was done:)

Also a shot form blender:

2 Likes

Love it! To be fair there’s more Blender here than expected. I don’t mind the heavy post pro if the result is a cool image like this one. Congrats!

This is fantastic!

Nice work!
Some critics

Oh yeah @koto-feja :slight_smile: Thanks for pointing it out! How did I miss that:D

Blender to painting, I love it!

I like the (low :)) atmosphere. very nice. Thank you for showing your artwork.

Good work,I really like the mood in this image

I love it.

Very interesting scene

Powerful picture and great compositing!