looking for temp folder to delete history,add-ons and files

anybody know how I can find the temp folder? I have a lot of trash in there and when I uninstall blender and add it again my settings and the add-ons are still there.

I went into the C drive and deleted the blender foundation folder but nothing has changed when I reinstalled blender.

I looked at the manual and I am confused because it says the temp file is in the bpy and I checked the datafiles, python and script files and can’t find anything that says BPY to find the temp files beside this and there is no temp folder inside.(pic below)

Attachments

Hi…:slight_smile:

Blender folder are set in User Preferences - File Tap…See Picture

My Folder is - temp blender - it’s selected in Windows Commander and open in the other side.
There is a quit file Selected…It’s the File You open if Blender close down unexpected.

I think that File have all Your work until 2 minute before the Crash…:slight_smile:

Ot.

Is there a reason to You install Blender…?

You don’t need to install…Just Run the Blender.exe from where You unpacked the Zip…Puff Puff

Hope this clear it up a little…:slight_smile:

The addons You install is in the Folders Blender make when it Run First Time.
Just delete them from there.

Tai

ok, so I have to look for it on window command using blender data files or blender temp? I just want to get rid of old files and add-ons start fresh. I have tried uninstalling and trying a new download but still get my same settings and so on.

Use IOBit Uninstaller

Hi…:slight_smile:

No You can do it windows…It’s just Me I like Win Com from old day’s…Just remember To turn hidden Items on in Menuline - viewtap…To see the Folders Blender make…In appdata Folder…Here are the file You wan’t to delete…:slight_smile:

See Picture:

Show the Folder where I unpack the Zip…And make a shortcut from Blender.exe to Desktop.
Show where Blender make the Folder when it’s run first time…Here are the File You wan’t to delete.
2.79 open - Here is Config and Script Folder
Config Folder open…If You delete startup and userpref.blend You should get a fresh Blender.
But You still have to delete the addon’s You have installed…It’s also from here You remove addon if there is any problem
with them…They are in the scripts Folder.

Hope I’m right I’m a Noob…Puff Puff

Tai

I just had a look at Your Pictures…It show where Blender is installed…It’s not here You Delete file.!!!

Sorry…I have never installed Blender so I din’t think about it.

Last Picture 2 is where the File should be…User/ Bla Bla…:)…Remember to turn Hidden on else You can’t see the Folder’s.

Damn I’m High…:slight_smile:

Hope this make sences…Loool

Tai

If you have installed Blender you probably have folder
“c:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender…” where inside is 2.78 (if you had that), 2.79 and 2.80 (if you already had that) subfolders. These have related user settings and installed addons inside.
Delete or rename to keep around.
You need to check that folder visibility mentioned before.

thank you. Because i was just downloading and installing . every time I uninstalled Blender my roaming appdata was always being saved.

I do have 2 more questions if you don’t mind.

the first question is, is there away to not have any recent files in my history? I think I have OCD I hate pting the mouse over the Blender Icon and I can see a whole list of my files. I was thinking maybe in if I changed the setting not to save files but that doesn’t do anything. I included 3 images.

2 of what I mean and the other how I set up blender and made made my history, add-ons, textures and rendering go to a certain directory.

the last question is, I would like to know all the addons do. everytime I go to add-ons and click documentation it doesn’t help. I though there was a link you can click to see what each add-0n does?