Graswald Promotional Artwork

I decided to do a seperate thread for this, as I would like to have some critique on the renders I am working on to showcase the possibilities of the pack. I would like to get an honest feedback here, so that I can improve the renders as fast as possible!

This is the foreground of a scene I am working on, I plan to add some more moss around it, but basically, that’s it, nothing’s set in stone though. Any criticism is highly appreciated :wink:

^the background in that image is from the hdri, which by the way is the only light source at the moment, just to keep things simple for now.

I added some moss around it, but I’m not sure, if I like it…

While you can certainly use the HDRI for lighting, if it’s a product expose, as it were, you should avoid showing anything that you won’t actually be including for sale. Even if it’s for free, it’s still for sale, and as what you’re being paid with in that case would be brand recognition and perhaps interest in future products. As nice as an artistic depth of field is, it really doesn’t have much place in this sort of thing, save for perhaps an example of a scene utilizing your pack after you’ve already showcased the elements included as clearly as possible.
That aside, I think I would like the moss, if I could see it better, but it’s difficult to judge at this point. As is, it certainly makes a nice framing affect.

Well these are of course not final renders, but instead just WIPs! The hdri won’t take a huge part in that scene in the end, it was just to give the foreground a different feel at this early stage. The artwork’s purpose also rather is to show what can be achieved with using the assets, rather than just displaying them in a scene :wink:

Then you’re most certainly getting somewhere, here. I did look at some of your earlier posts, and I think if you added one of your pretty flowers here, it would really focus the eye.

Update: I switched the plant to mushrooms for now, these are not included in the pack, and I’ll probably exchange them later on, but I didn’t like the old composition and I like that one, so that’s why :wink:

very real looking. impressive.

if i may… too much translucency is used (obvious on plantango & mushroom) - tone it down a bit or even better: use translucency maps, since thicker parts, fibers, veins on leaves are less translucent

I agree with the plantago, but not with the mushrooms, they might seem a bit brighter, cause I brightened them up in post as they’re the main focus.

Working on the next render, gonna include some more moss :smiley:

Basic Scene Layout

It looks so realistic! love the lighting. Well done

Still heavy WIP, grass has to change as well as the moss on the logs, but getting there:

Ah, mushrooms were brightened to get into focus?
IMHO, a bad move, since it gives the wrong impression. In such case DOF & vignette seem preferred since they give the natural feeling of focus.

Ongoing work is great :slight_smile: keep it up

Dude, that’s so amazing! It looks so realistic! I`m new here and don’t know if you already said that, but how much will all that cost?

The moss on the rock is ridiculous good

While the testers and promoters are testing the add-on, I myself am working on some scenes as well:

Just a WIP, obviously :wink:

Yukon, you found your niche in life … recreating natural life. perfectly.

This is possibly one of the Finest Tributes to Blender ever conceived. Staggering, that a free modeling/animation software can serve as the backbone for creating such accurate and detailed, 3dCGI nature scenes. Awesome.

This scene, totally justifies all the labor and effort.

Meaning, yeah, I kinda like it…

Good God, that’s insane.

I asked this several months ago, but when will this be available? Also could you show a viewport screenshot of the above image.

We’re working hard behind the scenes to make this available as soon as possible, it all depends on the promoters to deliver some renders, so we can start advertising it! Viewport screenshot will come soon, once everything is finished :wink:

Oh and thank you for the lovely words, they really mean a lot :smiley:

well… nothing personal, but … I think you’re well beyond looking for someone to produce promotional renders. Stills like this sell themselves. The lily doesn’t need anymore gilding. Seriously. What are you gonna add? Dewdrops? Lens flares? My personal opinion, is that you’re renders are EXACTLY what users and artists need to see.

You are showing renders, as they are coming directly from using you’re add-ons without any exotic extras needed, or after effects. What better pitch can you get.? Also, the best advertising is word of Mouth.

I also think, you might want to nudge some of the major player houses, send some demo shots to places like Blur. C