Better collada exporter Questions

Hi anyone out there have an answer to trace back calls from the script (see pics) tested in Blender 2.77a and 2.79, Also tried in out on windows 7

what does collada mean when root bone cannot be a control bone?? if the root is the parent then it controls all the other
bones so :spin: ?? , I have tried deleting it for export… renaming it etc

Base models textures , basic animation get exported ok, its when I try and export my Rigged character with animations everything turns to crap…

Trying to export to use in Godot, my OS is windows 8.1

Attachments

Hello, did you ever solve this issue? I’m getting the same problem and really wish the model worked the way it does in Blender.

Fixed it! Just make sure that the root bone has the “Deform” checkbox ticked in the “bone” settings. Everything works flawlessly afterwards.

Hi sorry about the late reply :o I need to check my posts more often…I was surprised to see a reply on this thread, kind of gave up on the exporter after a while, the rig Worked fine in a Unreal engine test, I have been working on a Font project thats been dormant for way to long so thanks for posting your results I will give the export another go hopefully all goes well.

Jonathan

I tried out the deform option on the root bone but I had no luck with my rig, good to hear you got your rig sorted always frustrating when you just want things to work. I saw a small note ages ago about Godot possibly building an FBX wrapper in the future.

.fbx I/O is unlikely due to the closed nature of the format.

However, there is a generic glTF exporter in the works. Even better, there is a Blender-specific exporter being worked on that can read directly to a special scene format native to Godot.

Cheers Ace Dragon I will check it out…