Tribute to Ghost in the Shell

Hi guys :slight_smile:

I have been for more than a year involved in a 3D remake of 1995 Ghost in the Shell. The project has finally entered its final phase :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

My job was to create all the environmental scenes and the short movie poster. When that was done, I had difficulties leaving just like that this awesome project :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: So here comes a personal tribute to Ghost in the Shell and to the project.

-Blender and Photoshop /rendered using Cycles
-Lighting started with Pro lighting and manually altered.
-Texturing is a mix of CMV content and own setups.

We also have created a teaser:

Attachments

36 Likes

Here another detail render.

9 Likes

Woooo o o u! :slight_smile:

Splendid!!!

Awesome! Love it.

Amazing. Top row for sure. Congrats Pascal.

spectacular work!

Really nice, model, materials, lighting all beautiful. Put this one up top for sure.

Amazing work Pascal, I love it :slight_smile:

Just. HOLY COW. That is really really cool for a scene, very nice!!

that was amazing… good job … keep it up mate …

Wow.Amazing set of details there.

Many thanks guys :slight_smile: I really appreciate the support :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

What everyone else has said, wonderful job.

What workflow did you use on the pipes?

Fantastic work! Those textures are amazing.

This looks awesome! Amazing job. The shaders and the clean looking model are really outstanding.

Not sure if you saw the video of Vitaly Bulgarov and Ash Thorp discussing their concept work on the 2017 GITS film? They are showing a lot of 3d modeling behind the scenes in there. - This might be of interest to you? - Who knows you might get hired to work on the next movie? :wink:

1 Like

Hi,

Just curves :slight_smile: Sometime if I need the curve to really follow the shape, I then use vertices (magnet tool) and after that convert to curve. It really speeds up my workflow!

2 Likes

Thanks a lot DM9 :slight_smile: :slight_smile: Yes I have seen that. Awesome stuff :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Oh IΒ΄ve just notived that I had made a misstake in the presentation text! I meant β€œtribute”. I could not find the way to edit the text so I post it here :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: Ushhh!!

Very great job, always a pleasure to see this skill here !