Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Any plans on making a baking option to transfer textures from one UV to another?

The 3dsMax version has that feature

Where it bakes from and to the same object but just with different UV channels. 3dsMax baking architecture allowed this without any tricks, for blender I would have to research how to do it ideally also with just 1 object selected. Perhaps I could create a copy of the selected object, set the copy's active UV channel to B and then bake a projection via emit or diffuse. Will brainstorm about this in the near future but it has been on my agenda for the Blender version.

New Bake mode: Cuvature map

I have been working on a new curvature baking mode as explained here or demonstrated in this blendswap.

It uses composite nodes to convert a tangent normal map into a cuvature map. I am pretty close on wrapping this one up, here is my current progress

The composite nodes are stored in an external blend file and appended temporarily to convert to the curvature map.
    Game Developer & Tech Artist. TexTools Blender | TexTools 3dsMax | Portfolio | twitter | YouTube

I was getting these types of unwanted results when it came to baking bevels on sharp edges. I had hard edges and separate UV islands but no cage. Adding a cage mesh fixed this problem. I was wondering if I always need to use a cage? Perhaps there could be an option to use the low poly as the cage mesh. Thanks!

2018-02-11 11_22_03-Blender.png

hi, you could try implement my old normal to cavity map node setup. Its similar to the one you have but it was designed to work in realtime viewport.
    https://www.blendswap.com/blends/view/83680

Originally Posted by renderhjs View Post
    The 3dsMax version has that feature

Where it bakes from and to the same object but just with different UV channels. 3dsMax baking architecture allowed this without any tricks, for blender I would have to research how to do it ideally also with just 1 object selected. Perhaps I could create a copy of the selected object, set the copy's active UV channel to B and then bake a projection via emit or diffuse. Will brainstorm about this in the near future but it has been on my agenda for the Blender version.
    Blender can do it already, you need camera icon on FROM and selected uv channel TO
    4dfbdfd309d453330a059e50c3561663.png
    end bake emission with texture plug in color input in node setup
    fe0078f8014f3f84be921575746ea3bd.png
    Last edited by jellbelle; 11-Feb-18 at 18:28.

Hi guys, Im having a few issues like having the Align Edges options grayed out. Do you know why?

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (123.1 KB, 1 views)
    --
    Frederyco Martins
    www.frederyco.com

Originally Posted by Brazucka View Post
    Hi guys, Im having a few issues like having the Align Edges options grayed out. Do you know why?

Thanks!
    You propably are in wrong "uv mode" https://i.imgur.com/ypzXhVz.png some tools doesn't work in other and vice versa. Its minor annoyance and I hope it will be merged in the future or let the tools work in both.

@z01ks
    I had hard edges and separate UV islands but no cage. Adding a cage mesh fixed this problem. I was wondering if I always need to use a cage? Perhaps there could be an option to use the low poly as the cage mesh. Thanks!
    When you select at least a high poly and low poly object the UI for baking will show the 'Ray Distance' property which acts like the cage extrusion size

The documentation is not very clear about that, I will improve that. The same setting and language is used in the Cycles Bake settings

@pachupp
    you could try implement my old normal to cavity map node setup. Its similar to the one you have but it was designed to work in realtime viewport.
    That is some very nice stuff, I actually have not yet seen this before. Thank you very much, bookmarked now and will have to investigate what is useful to translate. At least now I already have some code foundation to add more compositing nodes.

@jellbelle

Blender can do it already, you need camera icon on FROM and selected uv channel TO
    Thanks that is exactly the kind of stuff that I wouldn't be able to figure out myself like that and where it is great to get input from people like you. Should be easy to script.

@Brazucka & @fiendish55
    Yes it seems to be the UV sync mode. Unfortunately the selection modes in UV sync mode (e.v. vert, edge, face) are different to the regular uv selection modes even though the UI might make you think otherwise. Therefore I can't support UV sync modes as it handles completely different selection data.

Right now I changed the UI a bit to highlight that the sync mode is active and in most TexTools UV layout tools not desired
    Last edited by renderhjs; 12-Feb-18 at 06:23.
    Game Developer & Tech Artist. TexTools Blender | TexTools 3dsMax | Portfolio | twitter | YouTube

@z01ks
    Right now I changed the UI a bit to highlight that the sync mode is active and in most TexTools UV layout tools not desired
    Thats very nice solution right there I wish more uv editor devs would implement this. You'll see right away which tools are not currently useable until you switch the mode

TexTools is a free addon for Blender with a collection of professional UV and Texture related tools. Back in 2009 I released the Original TexTools for 3dsMax. This is my first blender addon, more features will be added in the future

In this thread I will post development progress, collect feedback as well as release updates. Feedback is appreciated
    Just wanted to say thank you to @renderhjs for this incredible set of tools!
    ...and of course i have a feature request: one thing that is missing from Blender is an option similar to the "spline mapping" tool as seen in 3ds max Unwrap UVW modifier (i.e. https://youtu.be/9vZpiEyf-48). Of course we have the "follow quads" option...but that works only on quads, and this is not always the case when modeling roads or other stuff. This was also requested by other users in the past, but no addon has ever been developed to my knowledge.
    Cheers

I think that you didn't read me, but I go to repeat the same question, Could you add a bevel pass bake?

@irSindaco
    Regarding spline unwrapping:
    The edge peel tool would be designed for such tasks. Here is an example of that, I selected the border edge isntead of a center edge as it also marks the seam (2 in 1 tool). Only downside right now: The tool doesn't work with loops, hence why I cut part of the gemetry out, this might be something I can address in the future to automatically cut somewhere. Give it a try and see if it works for you.

Originally Posted by DcVertice View Post
    I think that you didn't read me, but I go to repeat the same question, Could you add a bevel pass bake?
    Only once it is available in the public and stable releases of Blender. It is on my todo list but not until it is a stable feature. Once available I would like to have a bevel tangent normal map, bevel edge pass, bevel curvature,... a bunch of variations basically where you can adjust the bevel size on the fly in the UI.

@irSindaco
    Only downside right now: The tool doesn't work with loops, hence why I cut part of the gemetry out, this might be something I can address in the future to automatically cut somewhere.
    It'd be cool if you select 2 edges - the first one for the seam, and the second (active selection) for the cut.

@irSindaco
    Regarding spline unwrapping:
    The edge peel tool would be designed for such tasks. Here is an example of that, I selected the border edge isntead of a center edge as it also marks the seam (2 in 1 tool). Only downside right now: The tool doesn't work with loops, hence why I cut part of the gemetry out, this might be something I can address in the future to automatically cut somewhere. Give it a try and see if it works for you.

Thanks for your reply! Unfortunately my specific use case falls out of your scenario: i use it to unwrap the build-up texture for race tracks (i.e. for AssettoCorsa or rF2, but could also be used for ArchViz renderings etc.), the cool thing is that you can draw an "ideal spline" over the tarmac mesh (that is, following where cars are actually rubbering the road, so more on the inside of corners etc.), and get an UV map which will so follow a generic x-y tileable alpha rubber texture, and the UVs will be shrinking and fattening based on bezier's vertices radii. Which is something that with the edge peel tool might be achieved only by further editing the UVs with the proportional tool (which is a bit of a pain for the use case).
    Hope this makes sense, and i get it that this is a very specific use case, yet it might come in handy in other contexts as well.
    Here's a short reference video about the specific task, juyst in case you want to have a look at how the tool works:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foydgOcFstY&t=139s
    cheers
    p.s.
    and yet the edge peel will come in handy lots of times, so again big thanks
    Last edited by irSindaco; 14-Feb-18 at 13:39.

Thank you so much this is really amazing

Version 1.0.0 is out
    http://renderhjs.net/textools/blender/

Changes:

Preferences: Switch swizzle coordinates

Bake sets: set groups:
    You can group multiple objects into groups for the bake sets. This can be done in 3 different ways:

name sequences

assigning groups in blender

parenting objects

Improved AO Bake mode:
    Using Blender Render and normalized enabled for smoother results

New Curvature Bake mode
    Renders tangent normal map then applies compositing nodes to generate curvature map

New Position Bake Mode

Color ID to vertex Colors

Create Color ID from existing material slots

Create Color ID from Mesh Elements

and lots of smal improvements
    Last edited by renderhjs; 16-Feb-18 at 10:09.

OMG omg omg sooo goood!! thank you so much renderhjs for making this happen!

Such an OUTSTANDING TOOL. I have only one complaint. You are adding features so fast that is hard for us of the baby boom generation to keep up . But that is a good thing Keep up the good work.
    At some point in life you stop being the man you are and start being the man you always wanted to be. ------ Bruce Springsteen.

Originally Posted by SHABA1 View Post
    Such an OUTSTANDING TOOL. I have only one complaint. You are adding features so fast that is hard for us of the baby boom generation to keep up . But that is a good thing Keep up the good work.
    I am planning to create a few YouTube videos for that particular generation, e.g. don't have to read a wall of text.

Version 1.0.0 is out
    http://renderhjs.net/textools/blender/

Changes:

Preferences: Switch swizzle coordinates

Bake sets: set groups:
    You can group multiple objects into groups for the bake sets. This can be done in 3 different ways:

name sequences

assigning groups in blender

parenting objects

Improved AO Bake mode:
    Using Blender Render and normalized enabled for smoother results

New Curvature Bake mode
    Renders tangent normal map then applies compositing nodes to generate curvature map

New Position Bake Mode

Color ID to vertex Colors

Create Color ID from existing material slots

Create Color ID from Mesh Elements

and lots of smal improvements
    Hi renderhjs
    01.jpg

Could you look at this UI display problem ? I just use UI addon "Tabs interface"
    This Addon is very useful if you have too many addons .It is very hard to find addon in blender default UI !
    I don't have this display problem using old texTools just like other addon .
    I find this display problem in 1.0 texTools! Maybe you change something in new textools UI codes ?
    It is pleasure you can have look at this !
    Big thanks!
    Last edited by wuren; 17-Feb-18 at 01:58.

Originally Posted by wuren View Post
    Hi renderhjs

Could you look at this UI display problem ? I just use UI addon "Tabs interface"
    This Addon is very useful if you have too many addons .It is very hard to find addon in blender default UI !
    I don't have this display problem using old texTools just like other addon .
    I find this display problem in 1.0 texTools! Maybe you change something in new textools UI codes ?
    It is pleasure you can have look at this !
    Big thanks!
    Solution is not really to make addon developers to follow tabs interface standards, but make tabs interface core blender compatible, I wanted to like that addon but there is way too many addons that doesnt work at all with the interface he build.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast