Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Do you have plans to bake / generate height maps?
    These would be usefull for displacement or parallax mapping.

Does creating an atlas from materials is destructive?
    If I want to change a color after I've created From: materials To: Atlas, can I go back somehow?
    I want to have the workflow for coloring parts, creating an atlas, exporting to unity and test it, then change some colors or paint some other parts.
    It seems like after creating the atlas I lose all the information about which part is which.
    Also when I change a preset, then move to another one and back, the preset is reverted. Is there a way to make them persist?

Originally Posted by renderhjs View Post
    I am planning to create a few YouTube videos for that particular generation, e.g. don't have to read a wall of text.
    Personally I would rather read text. I think when people post text tutorials they tend to be more detailed because they have to think about what they are typing. Rather than just hitting the screen record button and starting to speak. Also I do not have 24/7 internet access, so if I can just print out a document to pdf and save it on my computer I can go back and read it again at any time. But that is just my problem.

It is a pet peeve of mine that people record YouTube videos and just move the mouse and hit keys. They forget that the person viewing that video later cannot see their keyboard or mouse buttons. Screencast keys addon has been included with blender for years and people just forget to turn it on. It gets frustrating viewing a video and trying to figure out how the person did a certain thing. But that is the blender world. I have ALMOST come to accept it.
    Last edited by SHABA1; 17-Feb-18 at 17:43.
    At some point in life you stop being the man you are and start being the man you always wanted to be. ------ Bruce Springsteen.

I'm with SHABA1, written documentation with images is my ideal. GIFs are my pet peeve. They're great for the short things renderhjs shows most of the time but long GIFs that show off some feature with no controls are just frustrating because it's almost guaranteed you're going to have to watch it 1.5 to 2 times.

Originally Posted by obsurveyor View Post
    I'm with SHABA1, written documentation with images is my ideal. GIFs are my pet peeve. They're great for the short things renderhjs shows most of the time but long GIFs that show off some feature with no controls are just frustrating because it's almost guaranteed you're going to have to watch it 1.5 to 2 times.
    obsurveyor: I was going to say exactly that about animated gifs but this tool is just so awesome that I shut my mouth. In any case the gifs on this page and on the author's web site are easy to dowload and view later. And as I said they are just so good that I just overlook my pet peeve with video tutorials.
    At some point in life you stop being the man you are and start being the man you always wanted to be. ------ Bruce Springsteen.

1.0 Itīs a beauty! Thanks again mister!

Hi, you have finaly stoped adding features so its a great time to test some of this. Im getting a lot of errors so far but i realy like a lot of stuff you put into this.

So for face selection bake, i need to have "draw" brush, if the name is set differently it will give error (im not sure why it needs draw to work but you can use Shift+K for filling selected faces if thats possible) Another problem is that if i set vertex color to red it will bake red color. And last thing is that if i select a face or few faces it always bake like if i was selecting everything.

Every time i hit preview button it creates new Image texture node and they stack over.

Hi ! First thanks a lot for all the effort you put into making Blender better with this awesome addon !

There are however some improvements i was thinking about.

• When assigning id_material, it would be nice to also set the color to the Viewport Color of the material.
    • When baking id_material, baked texture should have the same color as the material (by default)
    • For the baking methode, being able to choose to bake from meshname, groupname or parenting.
      For exemple, if i decide to parent both my low and high poly to an empty to move them easily, it will conflict with the groupname/meshname methode.
      So i think being able to choose the methode would be a nice addition !
    • For the naming of the objects, it would be nice to choose to ignore everything behind high/low suffix.
      As exemple: crate_high.handle would behave as it would have been crate_high.001 or so instead of being displayed as crate_handle.
      It allows to have better objects description and fit to the Substance Designer/Painter naming methode.
    • When editing UVs, warn about locked fonctions (ie: rectify) as to why they are locked. I was wondering why i couldn't use rectify until i figure out that UV/Edit Sync was enabled.

I hope it helps

@wuren
    I just use UI addon "Tabs interface"
    This Addon is very useful if you have too many addons .It is very hard to find addon in blender default UI !
    I changed the tab label back to just "TexTools" instead of including also the version number. I noticed that when i just used numbers blender was playing odd, so perhaps just a plain tab name will fix things for you. Will be in the next update.

@jovlem
    Do you have plans to bake / generate height maps?
    Yes i have actually added that baking mode, it will be in the next uodate. It uses the blender internal render and normalized is enabled. Will share screens later when i am home. Will be included in the next update.

@koko0
    Does creating an atlas from materials is destructive?
    If I want to change a color after I've created From: materials To: Atlas, can I go back somehow?
    that is correct at the moment its only a one way conversion. Converting from textures and uv maps to color ID's is on my road map for a near future update. This would also allow to convert other assets manually done with texture tiles as well. Something i want as well for a project i worked on recently. So fingers crossed sometime soon.

@SHABA1 & @obsurveyor
    Regarding documentation: personally i also prefer searchable / indexable content that i can process as fast as i can. But its important to have a few small videos e.g. 3 min each that narrate specific tools a bit and explain how things can be used.

Thanks a lot for sharing this. It looks useful for a lot of different things, but the first thing that I was thinking about was how sometimes I'd like to make regular mesh clothing, flatten it, and then use a cloth modifier on it-- ie, start with a real mesh to make a pattern. I've actually used UV map exports as reference images for meshes to do this once or twice, and might consider doing it more often if it was easy. I'll definitely be checking out textools.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910