Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

@carlosan
    You are welcome

I worked today on a UV channel dropdown menu to quickly access UV channels of a mesh. It just labels them as UV channel ID's instead of full names. Also shows warning if no UV available. This is something I used a lot in the original TexTools for 3dsMax.

@renderhjs:
    I noticed in the system console that your addon is attempting to save certain image files, apparently each time the user saves the .blend file. What exactly is going on there, and can I turn it off? Because I'm already using an addon that handles all my images.

Apart from that, your addon seems pretty cool. Really pretty UI and the code is well-structured. You must be very experienced. (Disregarding the many errors that are still in this early version.)

It would be nice you could add a button for a already implemented feature of Blender. The constrain to image bounds. This is very helpful for unwrapping tileable models and for now I need to switch the tabs. Not a big deal, but it would be more comfortable to have this in a single panel.

Screenshot_22.jpg

@gestoryscht
    You can actually pin that options panel next to TexTools which is why I might not add that functionality. E.g.

Today I added a UV channel swapping functionality. When there is no UV channel it shows an 'Add' button to quickly add a UV via smart projection. I won't add any delete buttons as the main functionality is switching and swapping for me.

Game Developer & Tech Artist. TexTools Blender | TexTools 3dsMax | Portfolio | twitter | YouTube

Hi.... I would like to know how to use "explode" option with this beatyfull addon! , I would like to use explode for complicated areas of my model , a Gun for my 3D model...and believe me or not...the thoat , the tongue and the interior of the mouth....

This is progressing FAST since I saw it last!

I used TexTools daily in my old days of using 3ds Max and I'm looking forward to trying out the Blender tools.

Originally Posted by wiimote View Post
    @renderhjs:
    I noticed in the system console that your addon is attempting to save certain image files, apparently each time the user saves the .blend file. What exactly is going on there, and can I turn it off? Because I'm already using an addon that handles all my images.
    Apart from that, your addon seems pretty cool. Really pretty UI and the code is well-structured. You must be very experienced. (Disregarding the many errors that are still in this early version.)
    @wiimote
    Regarding save files: Hmm maybe it's the filepath_raw properties I store for each image/texture.

Will resolve this once I add the checkbox to save assets after each bake, which I haven't fully implemented yet.

Regarding code: I have developed many other tools before like ShoeBox, TexTools 3dsMax and lots of Unity stuff. Though python and blender are new to me there are a lot of patterns I try to transfer.

I would also like to make it as easy for others to explore my code, e.g. each tool and button stored as a single python file. Before the 1.0 release I plan on refactoring the whole code once again.

@StripStrix
    Feel free to share a screen if you discover some interesting workflows with that tool. I had some fun myself with a bunch of models I had. It even works on non baking objects.

@NinthJake
    Thanks, yes been making some great progress. Kind of pumps me up each time adding some small improvements here and there and tackling new tools. I do believe that at some point it will exceed the 3dsMax version.

New feature: Resize Area

I added today the 'Resize Area' (canvas resize in TexTools for 3dsMax). It works similar to Photoshop's resize canvas to extend or shrink the UV area. It supports square and non square aspect ratios.

When there is a background image in the UV editor it will resize that image as well so that the correct aspect ratio is show. When no background image is shown a TexTools internal image is generated with the Theme's background color but slightly brighter.

Works great when working with texel densities or having to combine UV's of different models. Will release an update when I have a few other issues fixed as well.
    Last edited by renderhjs; 15-Jan-18 at 10:53.
    Game Developer & Tech Artist. TexTools Blender | TexTools 3dsMax | Portfolio | twitter | YouTube

Wow, this is looking amazing already, thank you for all this!

wow, with all this info...It is look like a binnacle.... I see it interesting to create texture atlasing for lowpoly game assets and for complex areas that I need to explode the mesh, such as complicated futuristic's gun and some pieces of the body, interior of the mouth of some little and small parts. Nice, I need a coffe , read this nice thread and starting to practice all the features.

Hi renderhjs,

Great congratulations for this amazing tool!

I have a traceback with my last 2.79 release Blender on Linux Mint 18.2 about icons:
    Code:
    __________________Register op_extend_canvas???Exception ignored in: <bound method ImagePreviewCollection.__del__ of <ImagePreviewCollection id=0x7fc241c45778[0], {}>>
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/share/blender/2.79/scripts/modules/bpy/utils/previews.py", line 81, in __del__
        (self.__class__.__name__, self._uuid, len(self)))
    ResourceWarning: <ImagePreviewCollection id=0x7fc241c45778[0]>: left open, remove with 'bpy.utils.previews.remove()'
    >>> TexTools V0.8
    What is the probleme, please?

EDIT:
    1 - ?
    2 - bpy.ops.wm.console_toggle() don't exist now ->> bpy.ops.wm.debug_menu()
    Last edited by Spirou4D; 16-Jan-18 at 15:18.
    Words are Images that loosed Light!
    Linux Mint 18.2 Saunya - Bi-Quad Intel 2.66Ghz x64Bytes - Nvidia OpenGL GT 630 4Go-vram

renderhjs
    Is it possible to add a tool which can set texel density for the uvs tied to real world units? for example if you want texture on a wall to be 1px per 1mm. Here is a video that shows how this works in Maya's uv toolbox:
    https://youtu.be/6wU4xdlNwkQ?t=372

So you're the Shoebox guy then. Kudos for that tool too, beside this one...
    Regarding the error I pointed out, I did some windows test and found it doesn't happen there. So it's something Os X related (I don't know
    about linux).
    I've downloaded the Blender source and I'm trying to compile it, just to have more general insights on the whole software and to understand some Os X weaknesses... but I'm having a hard day compiling Blender as a python module... probably my setup.
    By the way, out of curiosity, what tools do you use for python and Blender?
    Bye

Here's video showing off some free alignment tools someone made for another DCC app. (It's for models but still relevant)

Since he's working on a subdivided plane it shows off nicely what can be done with UV's if the UI is setup well.

Mostly just the 1st 3 minutes is useful to UV's I think. It's how the tool builder set up the pie menu's that's really nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QldQcAgCbc

Originally Posted by Marc Clint Dion View Post
    Here's video showing off some free alignment tools someone made for another DCC app. (It's for models but still relevant)

Since he's working on a subdivided plane it shows off nicely what can be done with UV's if the UI is setup well.

Mostly just the 1st 3 minutes is useful to UV's I think. It's how the tool builder set up the pie menu's that's really nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QldQcAgCbc

Seneca's Super Aligner script also works in the UV viewport as well. The Align pie menu in Blender is a pretty good substitute for modeling, but it can't be used in the UV viewport without affecting the model like the script in the linked video can in Modo. It's probably my most used UV script from Modo - especially being able to select multiple edge loops/rings and aligning them all vertically/horizontally on their own local axis saves tons of time. I'd love to have that same functionality in the UV editor.

Really excited to see where this script goes! Thanks for the time and effort that's going into this renderhjs.

@Spirou4D
    I will remove that bit in the next update, I used the
    Code:
    bpy.ops.wm.console_toggle()
    in my debug UI for TexTools. The command only works on windows as the terminal access under OSX and Linux is handled differently.

@TheGrom
    Well well, actually been working on that
    At the moment it is at an object level but I do plan on also supporting UV face selections and either sampling or applying in the UV window as well. See GIF below with a current demonstration of what I have.

@kabu
    Yes I created shoebox during my 2D gamedev days. Regarding tools I use for Blender:
    Sublime text editor (great for python), Blender 2.79 public release. I use a couple of other UV addons but I plan on making TexTools my primary texture and UV tool.

@Marc Clint Dion:
    Regarding alignment tools: I think the key with those tools are that they are accessible via a pie menu. I haven't started yet with any pie menus for TexTools but it has been on my mind for a while. I think in time I will also have a pie menu or 2 for TexTools to have quicker access to many tools without using to many custom shortcuts in Blender (free available shortcuts are a rarity in Blender)

@realeyez
    I remember the id Rage days when Seneca started scripting with Modo and releasing many of his level UV tools - great stuff. Been playing in the past with perl scripting for Modo as well but did stuck with max in the end.
    As for local axis for straightening , I had something in mind for that but I haven't found yet a UX way of dealing with it. Ideally I don't introduce another bunch of buttons that more or less do the same just in a different variation.

New Features
    Today I worked on the 'Texel Density' tools as well as rewriting the Checkermap tool.

Texel Density can be applied in 2 different modes: scale UV's as a whole or individually per UV Island. The ratio is very simple to read, it is esentially pixels per 1 unit/ meter. The script finds textures assigned in materials or to the UV faces per object and uses that to calculate the texel sizes.
    Objects are scale dependent and don't have to be reset in scale, this also works just fine with non square textures and UV layouts.

I will push out an update later this week with all the recent new features and bug fixes

Ok I understand! you code on Windows...
    Thks and good Luck!
    Words are Images that loosed Light!
    Linux Mint 18.2 Saunya - Bi-Quad Intel 2.66Ghz x64Bytes - Nvidia OpenGL GT 630 4Go-vram

The new features are very welcome, I already pointed a few people on twitter to this thread as well as a few facebook friends.

Originally Posted by renderhjs View Post
    @TheGrom
    Well well, actually been working on that
    At the moment it is at an object level but I do plan on also supporting UV face selections and either sampling or applying in the UV window as well. See GIF below with a current demonstration of what I have.
    Thank you! such a great news) Just what i was looking for. will wait for the update to give it a try.

Ps you are also sick of 3ds max?)))

@Craig Jones: thanks, more awareness of TexTools for Blender is appreciated.

@TheGrom: i have a very long history with 3dsMax (started with 2.5 in the early windows 95/98 days). My grief with Max is more the company behind it and their licensing business e.g. 200% prices in Australia and geo fencing customers. That and feature bloat and graphite modeling UI.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast