Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    The Lightwave forum is also filled with debate right now over whether the team behind the new render engine got things right as far as lighting and shading are concerned (buoyed along by reported differences in render results in version 2018.01, something which is usually atypical for a release centered on bugfixing).

Some argue that things are fine if scenes are set up correctly, others allege severe inaccuracies (but who is right is not clear as there's yet to be solid comparisons with other engines).

EDIT: Initial comparisons are in, and it's pointing to the idea that Lightwave 2018 is not quite that awesome release that NewTek was hinting at (by that, I mean it appears their new engine has more issues than just the aliasing).
    Last edited by Ace Dragon; 18-Jan-18 at 20:25.
    Sweet Dragon dreams, lovely Dragon kisses, gorgeous Dragon hugs. How sweet would life be to romp with Dragons, teasing you with their fire and you being in their games, perhaps they can even turn you into one as well.
    Adventures in Cycles; My official sketchbook

Originally Posted by MI65 View Post
    Then again, we got blenders vertical tabs..twitching your head 90 degrees everytime I try to find a certain tab isnīt what I call healthy for my neck or head, neither is the logic of reading vertical either, it makes me feel nauseous. but donīt worry..blender isnīt the only one having that kind of bad UI customed tabs, modo has them too.
    You do know that you can just put your mouse cursor over the tabs and use the scroll wheel to find what you want? You can also pin certain panels that you use frequently so that you have them on every tab.

I find the customization features of Blender to be a strength... not many people take the time to figure those out and just use the stock interface when they could be configuring things to work they way they want. One thing that I like to do is close ALL the panels except the ones that I use most often and save that as the default; much cleaner setup and I don't have to scroll through panels to find things.

Another tip: When loading up a Blend file from someone else, don't tik the "Load UI" button in the open menu... this way it will load up the scene with your default setup and not the setup that the original author used -- this is something that I think causes a lot of frustration with new users.
    Quicksand has no sense of humor
    DeviantArt | Sketchfab

Originally Posted by MI65 View Post
    Then again, we got blenders vertical tabs..twitching your head 90 degrees everytime I try to find a certain tab isnīt what I call healthy for my neck or head, neither is the logic of reading vertical either, it makes me feel nauseous. but donīt worry..blender isnīt the only one having that kind of bad UI customed tabs, modo has them too.
    I never got that complaint. After not much time at all, I learned to read them vertically without turning my head. I suspect that the brain adjusts and learns to recognize the text as a pattern. Itīs like with reading subtitles, once you overcome the initial headache, it becomes natural

Originally Posted by theApe View Post
    I never got that complaint. After not much time at all, I learned to read them vertically without turning my head. I suspect that the brain adjusts and learns to recognize the text as a pattern. Itīs like with reading subtitles, once you overcome the initial headache, it becomes natural
    Indeed, I never tilt my head, normally as well, I don't even read the full tab, the first couple of characters are enough, so even if they are scrunched up, I am pretty clear on which tab I need.
    I used to think the GUI was a major hurdle when I first transitioned from LW, but now I don't see what the fuss is about. Then again, in Lw modeller, I tended to design my own tab layout as well so that plays into it.
    There is also a cracking little tool for Blender which allows you to set up your own tabs and move tools across as you wish. So I now have the main tools / create / physics tabs with most of the other stuff I use under one custom tab.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123