Experimenting with nodes - no output

Hello everyone.
I did some experiments with nodes on a render, target would be to add some kind of blur to a rendered object like if it were an image.
I’m using composite nodes (maybe I’m wrong) and as I connect the image input to even just a viewer output, I get an X instead of the image. Even worse, this is not a rule, because some time I instead get the image, but not the compositing result.
I’m attaching .blend
bezier-nodes.blend (491 KB)

Edit: I forgot to attach a screenshot

Bye, Ivano.

Honestly I can’t understand your goal!

blur to an object? You mean to the rendered image of an object don’t you? so, why “like if it were an image”?

I’m using composite nodes (maybe I’m wrong) and as I connect the image input to even just a viewer output, I get an X instead of the image.

You connected an image but what is the input? An actual image on your harddrive, or a render(F12) result? in the latter case you better use “Renderlayers” node as input instead of “Image”

Even worse, this is not a rule, because some time I instead get the image, but not the compositing result.

I get lost again here, but in any case, to output a render you need the Composite node. The viewer is well, just a viewer for the image window and the node editor backplate.

All in all, i got the impression that you probably want to use nodes for something that they’re either not intended for / capable of. Keep in mind that compositing nodes are mainly intended for the postproduction of images as you can argue from the list of inputs. They are able to modify your objects, and they tipically get in the workflow at the end of the render process.
Ciao

If you just want to blur your render image, set it up this way.
f12 to render it.

bezier-nodes.blend (511 KB)

Do you mean with this post or generally speaking?

Yes, sorry I may have misspelled my question.

Ok, this is not what I did and I’m gonna try

No, you guessed it right above. I’m indeed trying to post process a render.

Hey, just tried to do as you told me, it works like a charm.
FYI, I attach a sample result.