Can I flatten terrain somehow?

Is there an option to make all of the terrain for example 150 meters, then to make a flat hill that is 200 meters and so on…? I think that you can do that with the scale tool and number 0, but I don’t know how to do it and it’s not really that efficient.

This is useful when creating a beach for example.

What specifically are you referring to when using the word ‘Terrain’? Are you using an addon of some sort to create it in the first place? Modeling a terrain mesh by hand? Sculpting a mesh into a terrain?

Just a regular plane, subdivided a bunch of times, then I either move the vertices by hand or sculpt them, or I import a real terrain as a obj (using world composer for Unity), but even that third method gets you a standard object, so it’s nothing addon related.

Right so using sculpt mode just constraint the x and y axis and you can just use any sculpting tools without affecting the x and y coordinates just the z, flatten tool would work to flatten just fine.

you could also create a shader that would apply a gradient along z axis so you could effectively get a indication of height using the GLSL material shading mode. Edit: nah, cool idea but wont update in realtime.

I didn’t even notice a flatten tool. I checked it, but I don’t really understand it at all, constraint x and y is the “lock - x, y, z” option in the symmetry/lock section, right? Also, where do I even set the height…or ,z" I suppose?

Yes symmetry lock and l think I misunderstood what you were asking in the first place, no with sculpting tools you cant set dept in that sense, no. Layer brush might be of interest as well now that I think about it, utilizing object scale you might get that to work sort of in a manner you seem to want.

also: after thinking a little more realized I tried using the wrong type of coordinates for the shader.
http://pasteall.org/blend/index.php?id=48674

If I were to use just the regular move tool, can I put multiple vertices (that are different heights) on the same height? For example I have a verticy on -20 meters (from sea level), another one on -15, another on minus 17, another minus 12,etc. and I want to select them all and put them all on 20 meters above sea level? I know how to move a single verticy up to 20 meters, but I don’t know how to move multiple, so that they are all on +20 meters.

If I just selected all of those vertices and moved them up the regular way, one would be on +20 meters, but others would be on +22, +18, +25,etc. and that’s not what I want.

select active element as the pivot point then select the vertex at +20 along z last and scale to 0 along z.

for terrain ANT is good

but most of the time i use a height displacement map
hand painted or from stereo imaging and/or Shape form shading
then import that heightmap into blender as a displacement map

an example : a WIP

this is a painted heightmap then used wilbur and then GRASS with the r.terraflow tool
( grass is a gis program )

as in post #4 edit the Z height for the over all
and post #8 will also do it , even a bit better

for a plateau the Boolean tool can cut off the top of a mountain then you can edit the mesh around that

or the flatten and smooth sculpting tool can be used to cut off the top of a mountain

Also stop thinking in Meters
blender has ZERO concept of them ( well the CAD/CNC forks do )
Blender-GIS really dose not even know about meters - mostly

everything is in “blender units”

to move multiple vertices to same level,open “n” panel, in transform set to Global (default is local) and input z value