Cinematic Landscape with Blender Cycles

Hey guys,
so I was experimenting with some techniques to achieve a cinematic look of a landscape. In this case I chose an island and rendered some random shots of it.

Rendered in Blender Cycles

The final render has about 200-300 samples. I used the new denoising feature (which is awesome by the way)!

I appreciate every comment and critic, so I can improve my artworks.

Here is the final video:

final render

clay render first shot

clay render second shot

15 Likes

Great one, look so realistic… Congratulation!!

Thank you! :slight_smile:

How did you do those trees?

looks great and realistic, I think it needs a soundtrack, otherwise its great

Awesome work…everything looks so clean and real…well done buddy:yes:

everything looks so perfect & clean…surreal scene…loved it

How long did that take to render? Good work btw

when i first saw the render i said love it!
when i saw the cly i said Oh love it!
when i saw the half of the video i said wow love it!
when the video ends i said wow awesome i love it!
one question how much working time and samples?

1 Like

what about some randomness for the trees colors?

(credit to agus ):wink:

1 Like

Awesome job! Could you show us the tree model?

VeinCore, your animation looks a lot like the video bigbad shared (https://www.blendernation.com/2012/09/21/blender-demo-cycles-island-revisited/).
Your render is nice, but could you specify what did you do exactly ?

Holy cow! I turned on notification but it seems it didn’t work…

Thanks! Yeah I thought of it, too, but it is part of my showreel so i decided to let it stand for itself. I didn’t want to create an emotional world but just showcase this animation.

Sure you can randomize the color a bit more than I did. I played around with the colors and was happy with less randomness.

Well yes, I used the video bigbad shared as inspiration. Because I didn’t find any tutorials about this scene online I tried to find a quick but pleasing solution to recreate this scene by myself.
Basically I used a plane, modified it with subdivision and a displacement modifier and textured it with a seamless texture of a rock. Then I created three type of trees out of one master and used a particle system in combination with vertex groups and a baked texture for density to place them on top of the islands surface. A bit of environment lighting, a plane with 100% reflection and a noise texture for normal, a smooth tracking shot and that’s it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m glad you like it! If I had to recreate one shot of this animation I would say about a few hours with tweaking. Because I was experimenting with the tree models and the island itself it took me about two days with rendering at night.

Thank you! I used SheepIt so it depends on the workstations that are rendering the animation. I don’t know the exact number but I guess it was about 2-4 hours for each shot.

did you use real world scale? I’m trying to figure out how to make a big enviroment