Super Mario 64 for Blender 2.69 - Unfinished Demo

Hello, this was my very first attempt at programming video games, I stopped working on this a long time ago and I thought to share it. The code is a mess but I hope this is useful for some of you. For some reason it’s broken after version 2.69. Unfortunately I don’t have a video of this to share, only the one I made for UE4, which is almost the same thing :slight_smile:

the link doesn’t seems to work

It should be working now! sorry about that!

The link is broken.

Um, I’m sorry, but what are the controls? My 360 controller and my keyboard don’t seem to do anything, except get back errors like “inputdev does not exist.”

Are you on Blender 2.69? if not, that might be the problem.

2.79, actually.

This game might last a month or so before Nintendo orders it wiped off the web, as they are notorious for their absolute disdain of any fan game if it shows even the suggestion of monetization (uploading it onto a site that contains ads is usually enough). They even tried to go after people posting videos of their official games being played.

You almost couldn’t have picked a riskier project to take on when that standpoint is taken into account (almost every other dev. house is more open about these things).

That said, if you’re not making the game in UPBGE you’re doing it wrong (the vanilla BGE in 2.7x is known for bugs and crashes and you will spend a fair amount of time doing workarounds, if you can even do that).

Yeah, I’m aware of the risks, honestly I don’t think this project represents a menace for Nintendo, I’m sharing it mainly for educational purposes so anyone, hopefully could learn something from it.

I started this project before UPBGE was born, but as I said, I have abandoned this particular project, but I’m sure it would run way better on UPBGE.

Main Theme Music

so I’m using blender 2.69, and it is not working, is there a reason why it isn’t?

So, I’m using blender 2.69 and, it won’t works, do you know why?

Really? what’s the errors you are having?

Unfortunately, that doesn’t stop Nintendo, and according to copyright law, simply existing is grounds for them to take it down.
A couple of years ago, someone had released an SM64HD project, which was shut down almost immediately. Let’s also not forget the infamous AM2R, the remake of Metroid 2 that was up for like a day.If it’s finished, they’ll take it down.

well, I can’t move Mario at all. again witch is strange since it is using 2.69

Try using a 360 or XBoxOne controller, I think I gave little support for keyboard but the basic movement should work with arrow keys, I hope that works.

No keyboard support for 2.79. Can you put in some basic controls for WSDA and Mouselook so we can have a play?

Ian

I don’t know why people always bring up “Nintendo is gonna wipe it”. You guys, they have said years ago that they’ll allow fan games. Aslong as it’s not asking for donations or selling, and that it doesn’t get in the way of their sells. So for example…if they were to remake Zelda Ocarina of Time, and there’s already good remakes they’ll take it down.

You want to make a Mario game? Make one. Just don’t make a Mario game that already exists. Nintendo stated that fangames shows off their games drawing attention to them. But all they ask is that you don’t compete with them.

Well we have a solution to this issue Aryok and I fixed it today.

Here is the file:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/497831138262253574/499441350047956992/Mario30.rar