OpenVR implementation in Blender? Someone commented it recently and showed a video

OpenVR implementation in Blender? Someone commented it recently and showed a video doing a sculpt in Blender using the HTC Vive, but the code was in patch form yet, does someone has the link to the video and the link to the patch?

Thanks!

Ive heard its pretty slow and poop

Yeah, that was it, do you happend yo know the patch link? I would like to test this, even if it’s a bit crappy right now :slight_smile:

not sure if its public atm

I think I saw something in developer.blender.org regarding OpenVR and SteamVR implementation and being commented regarding that there was no license problems to include it and some more things, maybe is not this implementation and I´m mising with a different one that was just though to see models, not to work on them :stuck_out_tongue:

I found it!

It was this one:

https://developer.blender.org/D2970

:slight_smile:

Hey, I made the script you saw in the video.
In theory, the addon is capable of a lot, like sculpting, grease pencil, moving objects and more.
Unfortunately, python is a very slow language and getting the fps to a usable speed is extremely challenging.
I haven’t given up yet though so hopefully I will release a usable version of the addon in a few months, hope that helps.