I need few few hours help now and then.

I have been trying to learn Blender for years but I keep getting stuck. I would appreciate some help from time to time. I am willing to pay a modest hourly rate by paypal in exchange for a bit of one to one help over Skype. Probably two hours a week would be enough.
At the moment I am trying to use rigid body constraints to make a simulation of an automata (marionette) . Firstly I am getting an error message that I don’t understand and secondly I can’t work out how to make a rigid body constraint act like a string. Those are my problems today, next week it will be something else!
I have uploaded 2 blender files, in the first one the marionette is more or less doing what it should do but I haven’t added the counterweights, in the second I am getting an error when I try to join the limbs using a rigid body constraints.

Attachments

Marrionette2.blend (10.7 MB)marrionette.blend (6.33 MB)

Ola! Your simulation is very laggy to play. Probably you are using very dense models or too much Mesh shapes for the simulation.
Your working space should be less cluttered and objects more organized. You have to approach your task wisely in order to complete it successfully and fast.
I would like to be your tutor in Blender.
Please PM the details and to discuss from where to start.
Cheers!

Yes it is lagging I have been messing about with it aimlessly, I could do with some help. A guy in Barcelona has offered to help, he lives near me so it would be convenient, if it doesn’t work out I will be in contact. Many thanks anyway.

You’re welcome!
Enjoy learning new things :eyebrowlift:

Well it seems like the guy from Barcelona can’t help me with this problem. I think the very first step is to take your advice and simplify the whole thing, then I would like to try a few hours of classes with you. What are your rates?

That’s unfortunate.
You can send me your Skype details in personal message, so we can discuss the options privately.
I would like to know more about your current knowledge and goals you want to achieve before setting up hourly rates.
Cheers!

My Skype is Quentin Clemence would like to chat with you on Skype

https://join.skype.com/invite/n9m24RRcFBCG

Thanks for the link. I sent you a message through Skype.