2018 Audi R8 Clubsport

Hi there,
some time ago Audi revealed the Audi TT Clubsport Turbo with an awesome widebody kit beside its electric turbofied five-cylinder engine.
I’ve wondered if its bodystyle fits for the R8 so I came up with this car. It got similarities with the TT as well as some unique sections. What do you think of it?

I think the car is insane perfect. But the renders are not so good; they lack the essential element of contrast.

A picture is worth a thousand words so…

I found a similar looking image with better contrast to compare.
I applied a posterize filter to half of each image, you can see the body of your car was almost entirely greyed out, but the image with more contrast preserved much detail.
I have also drawn red lines intersecting the places where there are or should be lines of contrast.

Suggestions: If you are using blender 2.79 make sure you are using mid to high contrast settings in color management,
also, consider using more colorful and intense lighting to help boost the visual punch, and make sure your car has a definite shadow.

One more thing.

Usually there is more going on behind the spokes of the wheel, like a lip around the inside, and the brakes should take up most of the remaining space.

I hope this helps, have a good day, and God bless.

Thank you really much for your feedback, it helped alot!
Lighting and compositing are things I always like to neglect a bit. The whole environment is very simple and a little boring. With those renders I kind of tested and played around with the materials of the car, specially the carbon texture.

I’m planning to create an animation of this car, when I finished rendering an old project. So what I am gonna do next is fixing the wheel/brakes issue, and creating a more defined and powerful light source.

great looking car model! you should try a render with some hdri lighting. that would improve the final result without much effort.
also the rear break disk should be higher diameter.
and there should be something at the rear axle to block seeing through the rear wheel under the car body.
just like this:

keep up the good work!
(do you have some recommendation for a car modeling tutorial?)

So, here are some updated renders. I’ve reworked some materials and the rims, used a sky HDRI for lighting and added a fog effect to the compositor. I’m quite happy with the result. With the paint color I tried to replicate the official ‘Nardo Grey’. However I want to try some more colors as well - let me know if you have some suggestions:confused:

Considering car modeling tutorials, I cannot name a single one that explains everything, it depends on how defined/professional you like to go, and how much experience you already have with blender.
I’ve personally watched alot of Blender Guru’s videos to learn how to use Blender in general, and adapted this knowledge with many hours practicing to develop my own way of how I model vehicles.
But there isn’t the ONE RIGHT WAY how to do it, it’s up to the personal taste and comfort:yes:

Awesome job! Nice car in my fav color for gaming! haha

The angle for the second picture is great, but the render doesn’t pop.
This tutorial might help with lighting.

I understand that you might want an outdoor look, in that case use curves in the scene tab to boost contrast. Also play around with the colour corrections. That might help also

good looking car and render in my view.