Flickering Material on Sword

Hello, I am looking for some help getting the material on my sword to stop flickering. The distortions are present in edit mode, object mode, and in a rendered image.

I have tried flipping the normals and removing doubles. I’m not sure if I’m doing anything wrong or if I’m missing something. I haven’t used Blender for very long, so these kind of errors are outside of my experience. I’ve spent a few hours looking this up, and I’m pretty sure it’s a Z-fighting problem, but I’m not sure what to do about it.

I’ve included my blend file and a picture of the flickering (the black groove down the middle of the blade is supposed to be there, but the other darker distortions are not). Any advice or ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

Dragonbone Greatsword.blend (567 KB)

You are correct, it is a Z-fighting problem. Its also a problem I frequently ran into when I first started 3d modeling.

Luckily, there is a very fast and easy way to get rid of those overlapping faces. All you have to do is select your entire mesh then press X then select the “only faces” option from the menu that will appear. After this, just select your entire mesh again and then press F. This will fill in all of the faces again without any Z-fighting problems. You will have to recolor it again, but this will solve your problem.