USS Enterprise - NCC 1701 (Prime Universe)

Modernized version of the Constitution class, while retaining the original 60’s feeling. My purpose is to create a very detailed version of the NCC 1701 (no bloody A, B, C, or D :P)

Current Status

Progress

17 Likes

Working on impulse thrusters. Adding plasma conduits, deuterium conduits and emergency plasma release vents…

4 Likes

Adding panels on emergency plasma release vents…

5 Likes

Watching – the original Enterprise is one of my all-time favorite designs.

I’m watching as well. Star Trek has been my favorite sci fi show of all time. :smiley: It’s looking great so far!

Impulse engines? Almost done, cpt. Kirk! (The human figure is to help me to understand the scale)

4 Likes

Shouldn’t he be wearing a space suit? It’s very cold in space.

Adding maneuvering thrusters, stairs and panels

1 Like

Finished impulse engines… Next stop: The saucer…

1 Like

Saucer Basic Panelling

2 Likes

looking nice

can you show some wire frame ?

where do you get the high res references for that ?

keep up the good work

happy cl

I don’t have any high res reference photos, but a lot of ship schematics that i found them through google images.
Every detail is an improvisation, based on:
a. ship schematics
b. the scientific principles behind these ship parts
c. pure logic
:wink:

Adding windows to the saucer…

1 Like

Oh nice, a thread that keeps me coming back for more! I love your attention to detail and scale; that’s missing from a lot of fan recreations that only get a rough silhouette going.

Like RickyBlender above, seeing a wire-frame would be cool. What workflow are you running? Predominately bevel, or sub-d, or something else?

Some workflow images… :wink:

2 Likes

Saucer top progress

1 Like

Warp core top casing and plasma conduits

2 Likes

Neat. It’s a different direction than the TOS Remastered that was trying to get as close as possible to the studio model. Every time I check the forum, you’ve added more refinements, too. :slight_smile:

The TOS studio model was very plain. There were no maneuvering thrusters, no airlocks, no docking ports, no warp core release port, no plasma release vents, no external main plasma conduits (quite important, because plasma is hot, and you cannot afford to have a serious plasma accident inside the ship) etc… All these things were added to the Star Trek lore in 1979, when the first Star Trek movie was released. I’m not trying to recreate the TOS studio model “by the book” (there are a lot of models out there), but i’m trying to make it “modern” and update it to the current star trek lore while keeping the familiar 60’s look… :wink:

amazing work beam me up scotty