[Addon] VSE_Transform_Tools, Updated

I’ve made numerous updates to the VSE_Transform_Tools addon, a tool for quickly transforming, cropping and fading video strips from within the Image Preview window of the Video Sequence Editor.

You can find my fork of this project on Github.

Changelog

• Code cleanup
  • Addon updater implemented
  • Select any visible strip, even strips without Transform modifier
  • Crop tool rewritten: crop any transformed strip in place.
  • Automatic keyframing
  • Enable snapping while grabbing (hold the CTRL key)
  • Improved fine movement while grabbing/scaling/rotating (hold the SHIFT key)
  • Autocrop function added
  • Add transform modifier to strips within metastrips
  • Fixed bugs associated with proxy strips
  • Adjust alpha for multiple strips at once
  • README updated
1 Like

I added a video link to the first comment to show off some of the changes made to the addon.

This is great!

Thank you!

The addon now has a function for pixelating images in case you need to protect someone’s identity.

https://i.imgur.com/u8nUPj6.gif

Very good. Thank you

I’m really amazed by the added features over the regular addon. Thanks a lot for this fork :slight_smile:

I wasn’t sure if I should add this function or not. I find it helpful for when I want to implement clips from Video Copilot’s Action Essentials Pack.

man add it!, all these additions to the VSE are amazing!!!
wont you join the Blender Foundation and take care of the redesign of the VSE for 2.8?, they’re always saying that the only reason nobody is doing anything to improve it is because they dont have anyone interested in it, maybe they could fund your work and all!

Thanks for the feedback! I’m glad you find it useful. I think you might be right when you say “Good is the enemy of Better”. That might be part of the reason the VSE lags behind many of the features in Blender.

This addon is everything I need. I am trying to install the Add-on for the VSE_Transform_Tools. I can see that it installed, but when I try to activate it errors and will not load with:

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘gpu_extras’

Any help is appreciated.

What version of Blender are you using? If you’re using Blender 2.79, then use the 1.2.4 release. If you’re using Blender 2.8 beta, then you can use version 1.2.6 or above. Follow the install instructions on the Github page.

Thank you so much! I am using (learning) blender 2.79b. From all that I have read and watched about these tools and your work it is exactly what I need for this project. Thank you for the quick (and correct) answer!!! And for these tools !

Hi doakey3
Do you have any plans to update this great add-on?
Thanks to the fact that we now have a dedicated transformation panel, we will no longer need an additional strip to control these transformations, this strip also slowed down fps.
Thx

2 Likes

It seems that the majority of operates are still intended for 2.8