Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally Posted by TIAN-SKY.com View Post
    But have you tried their Radeon Vega gpus with Blender??? Does it work? Are their any issues?
    Also, mainly use CPU for rendering (not Cycles). And only GPU for testing my Games I develop.
    I want to know before I go out and by one.
    This thread is about their Ryzen+ processors, you can find a separate thread covering Vega a little further down the page.
    Sweet Dragon dreams, lovely Dragon kisses, gorgeous Dragon hugs. How sweet would life be to romp with Dragons, teasing you with their fire and you being in their games, perhaps they can even turn you into one as well.
    Adventures in Cycles; My official sketchbook

Rumored benchmarks are starting to come out as we enter the final two weeks till official Ryzen+ machines become available.
    https://hothardware.com/news/amd-ryz...tial-all-cores

There are a number of caveats though.
    1. It's likely the microcode for the processor will not be final until release day, so any issues shouldn't be seen as final either.
    2. All of the rumored benches are done on the original Ryzen motherboards (so a few new features are not active). Another bump in performance is likely on the new boards.
    3. The benchmarks for Coffee Lake (as noted in the comments) date to before the Meltdown patch (which in turn decreased their performance a bit in some tasks). So the gaming advantage over Ryzen+ (according to the graphs) is likely exaggerated or even imaginary.
    4. Not all of the leaked reviews are from reputable sites and may have made errors in the final reports, but rumors generate traffic and that's all that matters for some outlets.

The takeaway is to refrain from drawing conclusions until the official reviews are out and 2700X processors are available for purchase.
    Sweet Dragon dreams, lovely Dragon kisses, gorgeous Dragon hugs. How sweet would life be to romp with Dragons, teasing you with their fire and you being in their games, perhaps they can even turn you into one as well.

More Ryzen+ details are spilling out.
    https://www.anandtech.com/show/12642...s-reviews-19th

There's still a lot of information though that can't be revealed due to NDA's (such as how much the new version of XFR can boost the chip beyond 4.3 Ghz). What we do see, some incredible looking 4xx motherboards, an awesome looking cooler that comes with the 2700X, and a hint regarding a new smart feature with the same of StorageMI. We also don't yet have info regarding a 2800X model, though it is possible AMD is keeping it under wraps until the embargo lifts.

More or less, the only thing we know for sure (in terms of performance) is that the 2700X single core speeds will probably be faster than the same in the 1800X and even the Threadripper chips. There's also been rumors floating around that an all-core clock of 4.3 Ghz is possible out of the box (which means excellent performance in store for tasks like rendering).

More rumored benchmarks (so conclusions can't be drawn still until next week).
    https://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-7-270...10-game-tests/

If these are true then AMD has done it. They have made a chip that can match Intel's best in tasks commonly single-threaded such as gaming. Also take a look at the rumored multi-threaded benches on the new platform, the Ryzen+ is smashing Coffee Lake in 3D rendering.

A third thing I noticed is that it's almost like Intel's chips regressed a few percentage points in gaming performance (some benches show Skylake being the fastest). It will be interesting to see what the actual reviews say (especially after Meltdown's damage to Intel machines).

I thought you said wccftech isn't a reliable source?

Originally Posted by SterlingRoth View Post
    I thought you said wccftech isn't a reliable source?
    They have a lot of bad stories for sure, but the rumors surrounding a new chip sometimes increase in their accuracy when they come out right before they are officially released. The reason for that is because the chips might be a see a limited distribution to reviewers and vendors in the weeks before the full unveiling (and now we see a limited distribution of X470 motherboards to go with it). Even then, I did mention that they are still rumors and may not be true.

That rumor last year where Ryzen 1 could supposedly hit 5 Ghz on single-core tasks (in comparison) came out months before the chip was released.

AMD Ryzen, AMD Threadripper, and (to a lesser extent) AMD Radeon has helped AMD snatch the "company of the year" award from a well known UK tech. site.
    https://globenewswire.com/news-relea...ards-2018.html

This is a little less on topic than the other links I posted, but it's here to indicate that the company (and its hardware plans) is moving in the right direction overall.

Numbers are in and they look really good. Great value!

Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
    whoa, the 2700x is nearly as fast in Corona and Blender as the 7820X and even faster in LuxCore... for 300 bucks here in Germany
    If you want cool new features for Blender and Cycles ( like 1.5x to 2x faster renderings ), you can donate here https://www.paypal.me/matmenu and https://www.patreon.com/matmenu

I agree that they are impressive, and chances are these benches are before the Ryzen processors get pushed with the performance software that come with the X470 motherboards and the processor itself.

I have just ordered a new Ryzen 2700X build. The nice thing is that our town has a local PC builder and so got the order reviewed and done in their lobby (we'll pick up the new machine from their building too when it's done).

Hiiu, Nõmme, Tallinn, Harjumaa, Estonia, EU
    Supposedly there is something funky with the anandtech benchmark numbers, but I can't be bothered to try and figure out what right now. Will be interesting to see what if anything was the issue, they said they are validating their numbers.
    FunLinks: . . . . . . .

Overall the Ryzen + is a very nice boost over the original one. Eager to see them packed into a Threadripper.
    Cycles render performance --> http://download.blender.org/institut..._snapshot.html
    Primary setup - Dell 5600 :: 2x E5-2687w :: 32GB :: 1x RX VEGA 64 :: SSD goodness
    Render Node - AsRock EP602c :: 2x E5-2660v2 :: 16GB :: 4x RX 480

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12