Vinnie

Hi everyone!

I want to share my last project, I created this guy from the concept to the 3D render. The references comes from the b-boys from the 80’s.

Initially I’ve design and modeled this little boy for a course about modeling characters for animation (in portuguese) and after I finished organizing the course I did the look development, made a couple of cool poses and here is the first pose and final result. I’ll post the other poses below in the comments.

It was done using Blender, Substance Painter and render in Cycles, using Pro Lighting Skies and two mesh lights.

Hope you like and feel free to comment or ask anything. :slight_smile:

*Here is the link to the course for Brazilians out there.

Attachments

6 Likes

Fantastic, as aways! :wink:

Super! Nice work :slight_smile:

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Here is the other two poses.

Attachments

2 Likes

That’s really awesome :yes:

Awesome, congratulation!!!

Thank you guys! :yes:

Your work reminds me of pedro conti, also an artist from Brazil. Nicely stylized

Thank you Masoud! Yep, I’m a big fan of his work, definitely an inspiration.

Great sense of life and energy. A ‘real’ character, ready for the world. Thank you for sharing.

Well executed.
Thank you for sharing.

Really love this character and the work you put into it. Outstanding!

Dud very awesome work I like it
As a half Arabic half African, I think you made him look exactly like an African boy,
Great job

This is wonderful, great job!

I have to say, the hair caught my attention. I’ve tried to make African hair in the past but I wasn’t happy with the result. Would you mind sharing your method of making coiled hair like that, please? It really looks fantastic! :smiley:

great work…

Hey Lucas, great character you did there! From concept to the final rendered poses. Classic LF :wink:
Rock on!

How’d you do the hair? Particles?

This is really great. The poses are spectacular too.

paulhart2,CG-Predator, ceramic, Nafiu Nizar, oaschwab Thank you everyone! :smiley:

alf0, Nice! I’m glad you liked.

tomatocactus, yep sure! The main hair particles very simple, just with a little bit of curves. I’ve attached my setup in the children settings to achieve this result.

0rAngE Thank youu sir! :yes:

Attachments

Awesome, thanks Lucas!! Will try out these settings :smiley: (I had no clue Blender allowed a frequency greater than 10 for kink… one of those ‘hidden’ things, darn it haha!) Cheers!

1 Like