Thinking about giving up on the BGE

wrong place

I understand wrong place…but after 17 posts I have to wonder if you really gave it a shot before giving up.

Any particular reason why?

I switched from Blender to Godot for open source licenses reasons.

But I still use Blender to model and animate cuz I don’t wanna relearn all that with a different software.

If it’s cuz of tutorials, I know Arsenalrsl on YouTube had really simple, to-the-point videos (assuming that’s how you spell his name).

contact me, i moved to unity. but i can past my knowledge to you that can take you a long way with 60frames

giving up on bge or game making!

I think, It’s just cheap attention seeking post…

Aren’t they all? Including this post(look at me…)

I haven’t given up on BGE or stopped I still use Blender and UPBGE even though I work on Commercial projects now in my spare time I work on my personally passion driven projects no stress my games will be finnished as demos only and i may release them depending on if people really want to play or they don’t like it at all.

This thread is cheap BTW so !!!
:smiley:

Fred/K.S

What is this doing in the Game Demos section? This has nothing to do with any WIP game.

@Tattorack… yeah, I saw that after I posted it. How would I move it? @sdhy… I’m thinking about switching to Godot, now. I’m probably going to do so for my next project.

Godot is a very nice engine from what I understand…I will probably make the move myself…but that wont be for another year…and in that time I would need to re-evaluate what engine I would be using anyway…so, for me, it is a bit premature to tell…

In any case, I wish you luck.

Hi,…definitely, go for Godot engine and leave this BGE crap behind you:D…I switched a year and a half ago, approximately.
Godot 3.0 is a real pro-level engine not a toy like BGE!
Godot engine is incredibly excellent for prototypes and for the top quality full games.
…sorry, for BGE is too late and will be erased and replaced by something that isn’t game engine.

Thats sad well im makin my last game project in BGE/UPBGE and then I’ll leave. I still believe BGE has great potential and i will do my best to do what I can achieve in BGE.

Fred/K.S

Godot is a very nice engine from what I understand…I will probably make the move myself…but that wont be for another year…and in that time I would need to re-evaluate what engine I would be using anyway…so, for me, it is a bit premature to tell…

True,
Still Godot is way behind BGE. Godot 3.0 may be better though. But from what I saw in game showcase section…well, I’m not impressed. It just starts using Bullet, no cloth sim, basic anim system compared to blender, just starts using materials…etc. Godot still have a lot to catch up. The only advantage so far is the cross platform - iOS/Android capability. However, there is no money in mobile games any more. :wink:
It has potential, as you said, it won’t be for another year.
Still, if Blender 2.8 has an engine…capable of using eevee, I’m not going anywhere.

I said “BGE crap” but don’t take this the wrong way…I think, for a low-poly prototypes and small games is great
but it’s not enough for nowadays. They’re just better options.

Still Godot is way behind BGE
…nice try:D

But from what I saw in game showcase section…well, I’m not impressed.

This is because a new and better Godot 3.0 came out a few days ago and Godot engine still missing good 3d artists/devs and also create a great looking demo / game takes some time , you don’t know this:spin:…but this argument is stupid for those who know more about Godot community and engine.

…this can only tell someone,who doesn’t even know nothing about Godot engine:rolleyes:
…while Godot engine becomes fear for the Unity engine fans…BGE and UPBGE is a joke:p

I don’t get people who call names other engines. Saying BGE in comparision with Godot is crap is same as one will name Godot is crap in comparision to UE4. What point of such statements. Are you trying to “drag” people from BGE to Godot? What is your point?
I love that there is Godot - small free and powerfull engine, but i am happy that there is BGE - small and powerfull engine with newbie friendly logic system. What point to throw dirt at other products? I wish BGE will be incorporated into blender 2.8. And i wish Godot improve it’s logic nodes system to make it more easy for non-programmers. I wish Godot has way more documentation and what is more important - detailed tutorials and examples like BGE has. That’s why BGE is better, at least for newbies.

Somebody close this thread already XD :stuck_out_tongue:

Are you trying to “drag” people from BGE to Godot?

:D…no,…they come alone…look at this thread, some BGE users already decided and for example well-known BGE user SolarLune used Godot engine a long time ago.
Visual scripting in Godot 3.0 and GDScript is easy to learn for artists.
Documentation and tutorials are improved every day…this takes time.

Ok. Maybe when there will be plenty of tutorials in Godot I will look closely to it. Anyway i am happy there is such engine like Godot. It’s very lightweight and easily launched on my laptop. Very handy. But when i tryed to find any solid tutorials making 3d game for Godot i failed. There were only few tutorials - most of them about 2d basic games. And there were no visual programming only lot of Python scripting. On other hand there are lot of materials for BGE, thats why i stick with this engine. Hope in time Godot users will create good video tutorials for newbies.

Yes,… enjoy BGE…it’s good old engine and good luck with your projects.

P.S.

It’s very lightweight and easily launched on my laptop

:smiley: guys from Unity,…those who switched to Godot ,don’t get ,how is it possible that Godot has so little MB and is installed in a few seconds:eek::smiley: