The cry - My adaption of "Skriet" by Edvard Munch

Hi guys!

We received an assignment during art lesson in school to somehow interpret the painting “Skriet” by Edvard Munch. I decided to go 3D and this is what I’ve got so far! I would be interested in hearing your thoughts! :smiley:

Share what you think!

Hey bro. Firstly i need to tell you that i like that composition like a movie shot.
and the lighting is nice as well. tell me what laps have you used.
Secondly i would work with a bg. i know its a really clean render but i would use some very slight gradient or some kind of form just to make it deeper. i would change that hand shape just a little bit and add thicknes to that materials. it should be much better.
and oh. maybe idk. maybe its that style of clothing they where using wide ending of the sleevs but for my first impression it dont look nice. if they had clothes like that, maybe try to work a litle about that part.

LOVE.
G

looks good but the camera is pointing too much upwards to me. I would make it so the white face would be in the middle (vertically).

Interesting take on The Scream!

I’m not always a fan of heavy depth-of-field (DOF), but, in this case, even more DOF might actually help isolate the central figure while preserving the context of that figure being in the midst of others.

Here is a quick example:

Best wishes on your current and future works!