Cutty Sark

After years playing around with Blender, I thought let’s create something nice. And what’s nicer then the former tea-clipper Cutty Sark?
I’ve got the hull complete, now I can add the rest.

Attachments

good start, mate

Great choice and nice start.

Look forward to seeing more.

Thanks guys for the motivating support. This weekend was OOP-day: added the poop-deck, and the two hen-coops.
Also added the portholes for the crew accommodation.
I’m inserting the bulwark-panels, but they’re on the starboard side, so you don’t see them. When they’re all done, I’ll mirror them for the portside.

Attachments

Finished all the bulwark panels, and mirrored them to port side. Added the railing around the poop-deck, and the two steps.

Another step. Finished the bulwark panels, and mirrored them to starboard. Also done the railing for the poop-deck, and the two steps.

This time I’ve modelled the deck winches, the two chainpipes, and in order to do something square, a deck hatch.

Added a couple more things: the bilge pumps and the booby hatch.

Niiice. I made a model of the Cutty Sark as a kid, and I’ve often thought it would be fun to recreate in Blender. Keep it up. I’ll be watching (not in a creepy way though :wink: )

I too like this. Keep up the good work, I’ll be keeping an eye out for updates!

Thank you for watching. Today I finished the windlass for the anchor.

Today finished the poop house, where the captain cabin, the saloon and pantry are located.

I thought the “poop” house was where the toilets were located…

Marvellous modelling sir! keep up the good work.

Cheers, Clock.

Thanks Clock.
According to www.quarterdeck.org: A ship’s afterdeck received its name from the old Roman custom of carrying Pupi (small images of their gods) in the stern of their ships for luck.
What have the Romans ever done for us?!

Well there’s the roads, law and order, the aqueducts, etc. etc. - still one of the best films I ever saw.

Keep up the good work!

Cheers, Clock.

And now for something completely different,
the bow.
Added the two toilets for the crew, and on the forecastle the bollards, cathead and the bowsprit. The bowsprit needs some chains, so I;m finding a way to do those as easy as possible.

Modelled the two anchors, and the chains to hoist them. Next step is some rope to tie them to the hull (anchors don’t float in space). I looked at blenderguru’s rope tutorial, which looks good, but implementing it in my scene is not so easy. I’ll have to practice a bit more! To do something else I’m working on the two deckhouses.