Book on UV texturing

Ok, so… I wanted to write a book on UV texturing before my son was born but due to crapload of work I never managed to finish it. At some point I have to face the reality and do something with the material I have so far. So I do the best thing I could think of. Give it away.
In general it is written with semi-advanced users in mind, but it contains a lot of in depth basics which can be useful for all readers. Although it might be hard to follow if you’re a beginner.
Keep in mind, the book lacks some content, I wanted to go through a whole project in the second part of the book and add a chapter on PBR workflow. Never did, never will. Obviously it wasn’t proof read, nor properly translated, there are still my side notes in it and that’s pretty much the state I left it in. That’s what you get for free :slight_smile:
Also, I’d like to thank my friends, who powered through the book giving me advice and pointing out mistakes. That is Piotr Arłukowicz and Chris Kuhn.
Oh yeah, feel free to comment on the thing.

>>> BOOK IN PDF <<<
>>> GOOGLE DOC VERSION <<<

The versions are slightly different, in theory Google Doc version is the updated one.

This helped alot

Sill new to Blender, but I picked it up because I’d like to learn more about materials and it might come in handy later. Thank you for sharing and congrats on the little man! :slight_smile:

Hi YazJack,

Thanks for your generosity. I did a lot in blender but always “avoided” for some reason UV-texturing and stayed happy with the lazy way. Sooner or later I need to dive into UV-texturing and I know that it is not a matter of days, but maybe another year of experimenting. I think reading your (nearly finished?) book helps me reducing the time.

YazJack,

Thank you for sharing your work! I’ll definitely utilize this resource. I just started using Blender yesterday and this is really helpful. Congrats on your newborn!

Thanks YazJack and congrats!!

Thank you. :yes: . I was looking for a UV-model working order of operation for robot like bodies and complex metal electrical units and couldn’t get a reply in the forumn on this… I will see if it helps a noobie like me or is a mind twister … Probably both.

Thanks. It will be helpful for me.

Thank you, that’s amazing.

Nice.

Just a remark : There are some typos on “Voronoï” (sometimes written varonoi, or varnoi)

thanks a lot i just started self learning for blender few weeks ago and one of my misunderstood parts is the UV unwrapping hope this book would help me

thanks!! :slight_smile: