Issue with vertex normals manipulation

Hello, I am using a plugin called Sparkles and a plugin called Blend4Web to weld and copy vertex normals for a set of seamless meshes. I’m having a little issue with one set of meshes. Whenever I activate any of the normal copy or weld functions, the normals seem to be all over the place! Like the faces are flipped, or the objects are rotated in the wrong direction or something. I’ve flipped, recalculated, turned off and on the plugin, fiddled about with the modifiers, applied the rotation and scale, etc. I don’t think it’s the plugins, which work fine on other meshes in the set, more like something I have messed up with the mesh somewhere. I’m at my wits end and hoping someone might have a suggestion or 2! Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

^before the normals weld

^ After the normals weld
V This is supposed to be seamless now! :frowning:

So in case anyone else is having this issue, I discovered the cause. The meshes had several shapekeys on them, the first of which was distorted. I couldn’t see the error because the other shapekeys were preserving the correct shape. once I had removed the offending shapekey, the normals weld performed properly!