Short Animation | Fuzz |

Hey all, I’ve been working really hard on a new animation project. I’ve got my schedule done up. within 28 weeks. i will have a full animated short. Currently on Week 4 of my project. Almost,if not all concept art is done and starting to digitally color the concepts and turn them into a decent representation of what i want.

Currently working on Sizing, Animatic and a rough track. Using mostly open source software. besides Vegas 14.(for video editing)

Here are some concept’s, and 3D mockups with shaders.

(Sizing_concept , General look.)

(Skin_shader, model subject to change.)

My next update will include.
-Animatic with sound track.
-Shotlist.

See you then,
Cheers
-Chris

Quick update, just the cop car 3D mockup. Will be posting the animatic soon. just need to finish ediiting.

(solid)

(wireframe)

Hey all.
Sorry for the late update, personal events stopped me from working on the project.
But I have a new revision on the storyboards, and sets being built in 3D. Almost done with the C-class models. and working more on R&D
for colour. Will have a color script done within the next few days with some previews of the models.
Ill drop the link for the shorts video.

Enjoy :slight_smile:

<span data-offset-key=“7dfra-0-0”><span data-text=“true”>

Fat Cop

Tall Cop

Clam eye rig

Back again, working heavily on 3D to get into production. setting up sets and trying to get desired detail meshes.
im not sure if i want to simplify things or stay with the look i’ve got.

Any C&C would be great guys. :slight_smile:

Cop Car and variant

scaling

Kid model

1 Like

What! How come no one is commenting? Dude this looks really interesting and you are off to a good start by the looks of things. The story board was came out great.

I hope the rest of the Blender Heads stop been so shy and drop of some comments on your thread. It’s always nice to see good work on the forum.

Yaa… This is really nice man… Keep up the work… I would love to watch the movie.

wow, i really like the character and car’s style, hope you could finish the animation soon

Thank you Tyrant Monkey and Vasant. Really means a lot to me to hear people enjoy it, means im on the right track :smiley:

Only a sneak peak image (WIP) today, more to come

Tall Cop

Hey GianmArt, Soon. another 3-4 months I’d say.

Hey all, New update on Models.

Quick color setup and sizing

Viewport

wireframe

You will notice some collisions with meshes, but they are going to be retopologized with correct topo. Still need to add in smaller details such as the hat details, and sculpts for clothing(skin maybe). no textures yet just all BI materials renderd in cycles.

To go along with that update;

For my next bit, Ive been working on some set designing. I have 5 sets. With 3 of them using the same assets and the last two with just the bridge model and a hill.

Again, all subject to change.

alley_set diagram

alley_set 3D proxy

hill_set sketch

1 Like

Hey all, I hope you’ve been good. In the process of moving so not able to spend alot of time on this but, rolling out with a new Car/truck varriant. Got the shades done and trying to figure out the glass works, this is what i’ve got so far.

Tall cop w/Shades

Comparasion ( Kid / Tall cop)

Car shot

Some prop pictures. :slight_smile:

Doughnut Box

Doughnut

Speed gun

1 Like

So hey guys, finished moving in. So I had some time before work and I spit out some new revisions of the buildings. I plan to lattice the buildings and deform them a bit.

overhead Shot

Built some props, and composed a strip mall sorta thing.

Quick lighting mockup

Also, finishing up the bridge draft. and had some fun :D.

bridge

3D mock up on the way, along with some lighting tests.
Enjoy guys :smiley:

1 Like

Just a quick update, Having some fun with the asphalt material :smiley:

1 Like

Hey guys,
sorry its been so long since the last update, But here is 3 shots, all in the Blocking stage.
currently i have 17 / 50 shots done, but these 3 are the most animated shots so far.

I think i also want to redo the ending, its the weakest part imo. so going to be re-boarding that, aswell as starting to Rig the models. to get the animation going.

I hope you guys enjoy, and any C&C is more that welcome :slight_smile:

Shot 2

shot 4

shot 12
1 Like

Hey all, Not a big update.
Still wasn’t happy with the design of the buildings, so i took another crack at it.
The first image is a render with some added bricks ( not sure how to make it look right ) so i might just end up removing the bricks.
Played with some lattice deforms to get some style in the buildings, might push it further, not sure.

Was working on a sorta monocolour brick texture, kinda digging it but might tone it down or stylize it a bit more. not sure.
Ill have another update later in the week, been working on the edit, reworked some scenes and trying some new music :smiley:

“render”

“Set”

“Texture”

There’s a really nice stop-motion claymation feel in the look you’re developing here.

2 Likes

Hi djwaterman,

Thank you! I’m glad to hear the visuals have a claymation feel.
I actually thought of doing the animation in a sort of stopmotion look at first. Was thinking either frame skipping or manipulating the curves to get the look, maybe a combination of the two.
Might look back into it. :slight_smile:

1 Like