Weekend Challenge - Discourse Migration

With the money problems being solved, the Discourse Migration will probably be happening rather sooner than later. As (from a technical perspective), almost everything will be going to change, I’ll need to rewrite most of the tools I’m currently using for managing the Weekend Challenges. This will take quite some time, so it seems to be a good idea to get going as soon as possible.
In order to do this, it would be quite handy to have some kind of fake entry thread on the Blender Artists 2.0 Test site.

So, I set up an entry thread right there: Challenge #999 (01/02/18) Entries OPEN

This is not a real challenge, but it would be great if some of you could add some posts, that look as real as possible (upload entry images, assign a fitting category (pure, open, non-competing), add some comments, questions, discussions). There is only so much I can test on my own, so a real test case (pagination, different users, different image formats, … whatever) will be very valuable.

I hope, I can prepare a few things and find issues before Blenderartists moves over to the new system. Maybe things will be less bumpy this way. :slight_smile:

Thanks everyone!

were our accounts ported over, or do I have to sign up?

The accounts will be migrated when blenderartists officially moves but for now you must create an account on the test site.

I’m just getting an Unable To Connect message at the moment, 6:25pm UK time.

This new platform is harder to learn than modelling :eek:

by the way: I’m a web developer (PHP, HTML, MySQL). If there’s anything I can do to help, I would be more than happy to do so.

Thanks Francisco! I hope to have things covered. Right now it is just a bunch of JS-Bookmarklets and ‘some’ server side PHP. A little messy, but working good enough. After a little more discourse research, adopting everything to the new environment should work out quite well (e.g. the entry thread generator is already working fine). And maybe I’ll even use the chance to clean things up a little. :slight_smile:

When I wrote all this stuff for the current system, I had years of old threads for testing. Because this isn’t possible this time, I plan to use the test challenge for that.

How is everyone doing? - Just to remind you the theme of this weeks challenge is “SPACE OPERA”

Let´s hijack this thread until all the issues with the new forum are solved and the entry threads of the WEC are back. :wink:

Here is my entry, non-competing, rendered in layers and composited in Photoshop.

• To keep it quick and simple I revisited two of my earlier projects and created a fictional scifi movie poster using some models from my “ninjabots” and “statues of sira” entries.

@DM9 very nice, I like it!

Seems like none of the entry posts have been copied. As a result, all the images are missing. May as well delete all the posts…

@fcharr … I am sure they will be back, there is still a backup of the old site, so nothings totally lost yet, just got lost in translation. - - - Let´s simply improvise for this weeks challenge. :wink:

upon further inspection, after challenge 636, there are no entry posts, just the vote posts. Allot better than nothing I guess.

Non-Competing

No Peace

“There is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting gods.” Warhammer 40K

Battle to cleanse a food world from the heretical mutated chaos leagues in the midst of a warp space expansion. The planet will burn.

Thread is hijacked. Kind of appropriate for the theme from 2 weeks ago.

1 Like

New look, yay! Hope all the problems will get solved soon. Anyway, will hijack- ehm! … will post my entry here too while trying out the new layout.

Heiress’ Wrath

Pure entry, Cycles 512 samples, procedural textures only, compositing in Blender.

Just a random exiled space princess taking back her throne. :princess:

Staged

pure entry, 500 samples with denoising, my first project on my new ryzen 7 work station.

And all RobertT’s entries seem to be there as well. So we have much more than nothing :smile:

@purbosky Is the princess, by any chance, this one? :wink:

RobertT’s entries are hosted on another server. I think I know what happened: The migration script crashed, now the poor devs are pondering on what to do… Don’t envy them.

@Millani: nice guess, but it’s actually this one. The dress was originally blue, but then I changed it to match the carpet and draw attention more. The one you mentioned is ‘no longer a princess’. :smile: