Raccoon Project

There is still a lot I want to do to this. If anyone would like to give feedback, that would be great. Thanks!

That is really adorable !

The first problem I noticed was the proportions. The proportions are a little off.
Some parts are too big , some parts are too small , mostly in the arms.

Also , the shirt doesn’t look right. The open area in the shirts are never usually that round.
The sleeves need to hang a little more too.

The rest looks pretty well done. I like that hat. The face is quite perfect. The details that you add will really improve the character too.

Thank you so much for the feedback. I really appreciate it. I’ll get to work on those suggestions and post again soon.

Ok. I fixed the proportions and tweaked the shirt a bit. Please let me know what you think.

Today I added a coat, boots, and some basic teeth.

Not sure if you are going for low poly but a subsurf modifier and smooth shading could make the face look a bit better.

Ok. Thank you @Regono. I will add another subsurf.

I would also love some opinion on whether or not I should add particle hair or if I should just make add some light texture. I am going to add some bones to pose him and then I’ll be adding some other props as well.

Adding fur over the model would look great. It would bring it to a higher quality I believe. But you might need to adjust the shape of the base mesh to get the hair looking right.

Hey , your character is looking really cool ! Nice improvements. Loving the sexy coat.
If you do decide to add fur , I suggest adding through textures. Particles don’t always look right on cartoon - style characters.

References

Ok. Thank you @Regono and @The3DLioness for your thoughts on that . I will play around with a couple furry looks and post them for inspection.

Hello! Here is where I am at so far. Now I haven’t forgotten about the fur, but I am having some difficulties with it so it’s taking me longer than I thought it would. Particles is indeed hard to manage, but the results could look really good. I just need to figure out how to use the vertex groups without warping my character.
Then there is just using textures for fur which Is what I tried to do in the picture below. It’s not very obvious so I think I need to play around with that to make it show up better.
Finally, as you can see, I am also putting together a background. So if you have any thoughts on that please feel free to share.
Thanks!!!

Changed the look of the road, I fixed his posture, and changed the lighting a bit.

Loving the scene.
I suggest lighting fixes and more displacement in the floor.

Progress is happening slowly but surely. Here is my latest update. Its mostly lighting and texture fixes.
The camera is over a bit too much and I think I’m getting a bit closer on the lighting. Still trying to figure out the fur. I’m playing around with the noise texture because it seems to give it a fur like look.