Hair Disappears in Object Mode

Hey everybody,

I’ve been fiddling with this hair style and think I’ve finally got it the way I want it. I’m trying to convert it to an object so I can export it to an OBJ and bring it into Lightwave, but all of the sudden, something funny has happened.

When I go from Particle Mode to Object Mode, my hairs disappear and the Convert button in the Modifier tab is not longer there. :eek:

I can’t figure out what I did to cause this and I don’t want to have to lose all the work I did on the hair style and start over. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Particle Edit Mode…

Object Mode, no hair ,and no convert button.

Is the Hair Base object visible/renderable, etc. You haven’t turned off any cycles settings for it or disabled the emitter in the particle settings?

Also, try not have any vertices/faces, etc selected when you leave edit mode, either of the base mesh or the particles.

Hey thetony,

Thanks for your help. I accidentally clicked None on Display. With nothing to display, there’s nothing to convert, so the convert button does not show up. I did try your suggestions and you were right, nothing rendered before I figured it out.

Thanks again! :smiley: