Cycles Render for 3ds Max Beta 1.07 release!

Here two days ago is up:
http://cyclesformax.net

just curious of why?

Why not? Why not have cycles take over the world and become a common open standard. :wink:

Simply to share greatness, give hope, be open minded… some day Soon™ even max users might witness their tool meet the EOL

Well, it’s got to be better than the free one installed with 3DS Max. What’s it called . . . Arnold ? :slight_smile:

I believe Arnold in 3ds Max costs money unless you want to render from only a single machine.

indeed Arnold for Max costs money, to be precise, for command line and network (offline) rendering or you will have to accept watermarks in your renderings.

The fact that there is apparently no online store available for acquiring an Arnold licence, seems at best while being as friendly as possible in my wording, rather antiquated, anti consumer and slow.

https://www.solidangle.com/arnold/arnold-for-3dsmax/

Yep.

You just have to look at the latest incredibly draconian restrictions on Arnold as shipped with Max, Maya to see why Cycles for Max could be quite desirable.

Oh wish there was a Maya Version!! For Mac!

I think that Autodesk is not will be in Mac OS in the future.

:eek: A bomb dropped like this deserves some source!

You mean Max and Inventor and Revit will not be Mac and remain PC - maybe
the rest is dual OS for good reasons

Here additional info:

Bootcamp has become so streamlinedthat Mac user no longer care which app run on MacOS.

Ironically Windows runs more smoothly on a Mac than on a PC and I am typing this from Win10 running on my late 2013 27’’ iMac via bootcamp.

Of course vice versa you can very easily run MacOS on modern pcs as well with quite solid support for popular hardware.

3DS is mainly focused on game dev which in turns is mainly windows driven, so it makes sense. I doubt they will be doing the same with Maya.

Of course its a step backward when Microsoft open sources an important part of Windows , .NET, and maintaining it cross platform to even run on MacOS and Linux smoothly.Essentially making it very easy to make windows app that run smoothly on macos and linux as well. Microsoft has changed, Autodesk is still… well… Autodesk.

The amount of windows issues and flat out crashes on my MS surfaceBook speaks for itself. I was not able to do that with win10 on my 2008macpro