Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Blender is not behind a paywall, the title should be changed.

Although it would be legal if it were, btw, it's totally ok to sell GPL software. The recipient may share it freely with anyone, though. May, not has to. Nobody can demand a copy of the software just because it's GPL.

Same with the CC content. Nobody can demand that it must be shared. Those who have it are allowed to share, if they want to.

Some people seem to think that somebody (like the BF and the Blender developers) who generously makes software and source code available for free for everybody has to give away everything else for free also. How odd.

this whole thing have been misleading and the conversation became childish a long time ago and filled with this is how i see and this how community should be

i recommend closing this for good

Originally Posted by zanari View Post
    this whole thing have been misleading and the conversation became childish a long time ago and filled with this is how i see and this how community should be

i recommend closing this for good
    Oh thanks for that. I agree. Childish is a suitable description of the thinking behind my somewhat emotional posts here.

I've been disabused of that reasoning. I got it. Share Blender GPL and CC as you please as per the license. Ignore community / personal retribution. Report trolls to site management. Don't expect support from devs/management/community on public relations issues.

So this thread wasn't a total bust after all. It helped me. If you're over it don't click on it. Or use the report button lower left. Moderators close dud threads all the time. They may change the title too, but why bother? Misleading? Who cares?

-LP
    Last edited by LarryPhillips; 21-Feb-18 at 01:50. Reason: grammar

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789