BGMC27 | The Dot

Just a little story about a dot having an existential crisis:

Blend FIle:
BGMC27.blend (3.79 MB)

Controls:
Arrow keys and space to jump.

SPECIAL BLENDER REQUIRED
This blend requires a build of EEVEEinUPBGE. Official 2.79 won’t work, UPBGE won’t work. Even “testing 2.8” won’t work. It needs that specific blender - because this game uses the EEVEE renderer.
Here’s a linux build (Compiled on 64-bit Arch Linux)

I’ll build it for Windows 10 and Ubuntu tomorrow evening, but I need to get this thread up before BGMC27 closes. Sorry, I don’t have a mac, so I can’t provide builds for mac.

This game is just playable on my laptop (integrated graphics) coming in at 10FPS or so. Those of you with dedicated GPU’s should be fine (or even just more modern integrated cards are probably OK).

1 Like

@sdfgeoff: Well done in 2 days! Thanks for your work. Nice soudtrack, it was a bit risky to use post processing but there are many interesting lighting effects. Playing with the SSR settings, I had no more lines, but what’s a dot without lines. I saw the issue with superposed viewport fonts (with shadows) and dynamic fonts, but I don’t want to do an UI to choose between both to avoid to code outside gameengine folder. Congrats :slight_smile:

EDIT: Warning: This version of bge is experimental and I won’t finish it (it is just a proposal I do to BF for 2.8 and anyway I’m not able to finish it alone) so there won’t be any “official” release on my side (The rendering code is done by Blender Foundation, the game engine comes from an upbge version (Thanks to Tristan Porteries), upbge is based on bge (which has been coded during many years by many contributors)

Waiting for a windows build to play this one, looks good from the pictures

Well done, you made a game, that only you could play, haha.

Here you go. Now you can play it (Thanks to aWeirdOwl for the build):
EEVEEinBGE_Windows.rar

Looks Interesting, my bad for not checking these game Engine Forums in a Long time ey !!!
Nice Game Judging from the pictures !!!

Fred/K.S

great work!!!

TBH , the community artist have tuns of amazing ideas , for almost anything , " GAMES , MOVIES "
i just hope thy find the right found to help them take it to the next level

it’s great work!!!