The Duel, a Crossbows and Catapults animation

My longest animation yet. I know the walk cycle is really stiff and I suck at timing, but it was still fun to make.

Very nice and imaginative work. Not sure I necessarily approve of the ending though… not exactly gentlemanly conduct Sir!

Cheers, Clock.

Real nice work. I don’t think it matters at all about the stiffness and timing with those models. The ideas are presented well and the message is clear. Build a stronger fort. LOL

I was a huge fan of Crossbows and Catapults back in the 80’s, I had that set from your film but each side also had a monster… and loads of tiny soldiers too. Anyway, I digress. I loved your animation Wolfmanyoda, really nicely put together, the music (from Kill Bill?) fitted really well too. The models all looked brilliant and I liked the worn textures on the projectiles. The story was nice too… I was expecting a POV shot at the looking off the “table” to see multiple defeated opponents :slight_smile:

I would like to know if you hand animated the destruction or if you used rigid bodies at all?

It was a great game, wasn’t it? Mine has 8 of the little figures but no large monsters. I think those were either an add-on or part of a larger set. My original idea was to have the little figures working together to launch attacks but that would have taken me forever.

Glad you liked it and your idea of the shot off the table would have been perfect! I know next to nothing about rigid bodies and since the pieces partially stack inside of each other I couldn’t get it to work so I keyframed all of the destruction by hand.
That song was used in Kill Bill(nice ear!) but they took it from a 1972 western so I credited the original composer and used that version.

I took a look at ebay and found plenty of Crossbows and Catapults on there but the prices were insane. Glad I still have my set, my kids play it now. :slight_smile: