14 28.00%
  • caz747

0 0%
  • str11

0 0%
  • sayris

1 2.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks Miatpi, bluberri and everyone else for the votes and feedback.

@sayris I agree with Miatpi, everything else looks great but the water from the first is better, as long as you can fix the surface reflection - I thought the ducks reflection was hovering at first, fresnel could fix that. Overall good job though.

GrimZA thank you very much kind sir. Render times were absurd with the volumetrics but I enjoyed the result!

Oh my, itís really close this week...

A bit late, but here are my comments:

DanielJH: The surface of the water looks very good, almost painterly. I also liked how there seems to be algae everywhere on those rocks. I just think the scene is missing some kind of focal element.

beau11: Strong image, creepy too. I liked how you used silhouettes, making the person feel even more lonely (since they have no visible personal traits). You could've made the water a bit brighter, since the ball in a chain is barely visible.

R.M.: I liked the shape of those fractals. Brightness contrast could be improved though.

RayVelcoro: Well, that adventure ended fast! The swimming fish is quite cute, and the other animal also looks cool, though I have no idea what it is. The bubbles look nice, but I think it would make more sense if they started before the animation.

fcharr: The water surface also looks nice here. There isn't much going on though, maybe make those rays more evident?

purbosky: The inspiration was pretty cool, and I also liked the model. It looks very mysterious.

FlyingBanana: Nice, I liked the story with the diver. The shipwreck looks very interesting; I wonder what secrets lie inside it. I think that, after you added the diver, you could've removed the fishes. The ship and the diver are kind like the main things in the image, and the fish are a bit in the way, stealing attention from the shipwreck.

joshwinkler3d: Awesome lighting and model! I liked how the whale is almost in my face, staring at me with its mean expression. The colours are also very nice.

ojB: The jellyfish looks nice. I would expect some more variation in the position of the "hairs" (I think they are called nettles). Also, a background would've been nice

didierv: Interesting topic. That fish looks funny (in a good way). It reminds me a bit of some toys from Toy Story (the green ones with 3 eyes). Just one thing: it seems you simply used an emission shader for the plants. It would make sense to either combine it with another shade to give them some shadows, or use the IsCameraRay output from the Light Path node to make it a different shader for the camera.

fdo: eevee looks pretty awesome, specially the running time! Not really sure what is going on here, but the wall texture is cool. Looks very rocky.

Ansaar13: Antlantis was indeed underwater, it was only a question of finding the right waters Those Greek columns look pretty awesome, but I think you could've made them a tad bit brighter.

kaidoe: Cool angle, it took me a while to understand what I was looking at. I can also feel the boat moving. Too bad most of the model does not show here.

Munnon101: Haha, nice play on words. I was only a bit confused with the light at the beginning. I thought it was a wall :P

Miatpi: Very cute! I must say, when I first saw this image, I thought it was Helge's. It certainly has a Helge vibe to it (not sure why though). Those glasses with eyes are very funny too, and the worm stands out nicely as the only orange element on the scene.

Iridesium: Very mysterious, I liked the atmosphere. Those statues look pretty good, and the light coming from the background makes the scene even more spooky. The swimming fish make the place feel abandoned and even more interesting.

caz747: Nice underwater plane (what are the wings for anyway?). I liked how it seems to be sneaking behind an unsuspecting boat. The reflections are cool, but I not sure if they would be visible underwater.

str11: I really liked the colours and contrast here. That submarine looks also pretty cool. One question, are those fish 2d? They seem to be pasted there, as they all look perfectly identical.

sayris: Haha, you don't need to go too deep to be underwater. As already mentioned, the reflection on the surface is too strong, there should be some transparency there too. Also, some small ripples would be nice. The ducks are very cute, though.

OLG: I really liked that octopus and the rust material. The light on the ground looks a bit too flat though. The ground that is further away should be much darker due to the water.

Helge: Aww, poor chicken! The feathers look very good, and I liked how its face is very close to the camera, almost as if it is crying to me for help.

Evivivi: Cool colours. A bit psychedelic, but cool. The bubbles look pretty nice, and the teeth of that fish are fearsome. I think it would make sense to remove some bubbles which are in front of the fish to prevent the from blocking the view (of the viewer, not of the fish ).

RobertT: Poor bucket, tried to hold more water than it could. By the way, am I seeing things, or is there a face on that rock (horizontal center, around 4/5 of the height of the image)? Nice lighting.

Photox: That looks pretty impressionistic, specially since I can barely make out what it is The colours are somehow cute though. Looking up some paintings from Monet I would say you managed to get somewhat close to his style.

@Millani Thank you for the kind words. Yeah, I was definitely inspired by Helges "cute animated anthropomorphic animal" style. It was a lot of fun working in that style too, so it wont be the last time.

BTW I must mention your render, Helge. Everything about it is just so expressive, I'm still chuckling when seeing it.
    Last edited by Miatpi; 14-Feb-18 at 17:49.

Originally Posted by Millani View Post
    Helge: Aww, poor chicken! The feathers look very good, and I liked how its face is very close to the camera, almost as if it is crying to me for help.
    Thanks! And don't worry, the water isn't that deep. So, everything will be fine in a moment, ... probably... well, maybe, I guess.
    And thanks fo going through all the entries again. The unstoppable Millani struck again. :-)

Originally Posted by Miatpi View Post
    @Millani Thank you for the kind words. Yeah, I was definitely inspired by Helges "cute animated anthropomorphic animal" style. It was a lot of fun working in that style too, so it wont be the last time.
    I'm really looking forward to that. Our kids usually help me with voting. They'll enjoy it too. (And this is where our vote went.)

Originally Posted by Miatpi View Post
    BTW I must mention your render, Helge. Everything about it is just so expressive, I'm still chuckling when seeing it.
    Thanks, I'm glad it worked as planned. Let's see what theme will be next. :-)

And... the winner of Weekend Challenge 764 with 32% of the votes is... Miatpi!
    Here's to all the great participators...

DanielJH : 1 : 2%
    beau11 : 3 : 6%
    R.M : 0 : 0%
    RayVelcoro : 1 : 2%
    fcharr : 1 : 2%
    purbosky : 1 : 2%
    FlyingBanana : 4 : 8%
    joshwinkler3d : 7 : 14%
    oJB : 1 : 2%
    didierv : 0 : 0%
    fdo : 0 : 0%
    Ansaar13 : 0 : 0%
    kaidoe : 0 : 0%
    Munno101 : 0 : 0%
    Miatpi : 16 : 32%
    Millani : 0 : 0%
    Iridesium : 14 : 28%
    caz747 : 0 : 0%
    str11 : 0 : 0%
    sayris : 1 : 2%

Book Worm

@Miatpi congrats on the win. Awesome, clean render. Look forward to more from you in the future.
    Desktop - Specs Intel i7 6700k, 32 gigs of ddr4 ram, 120 gig ssd, 250 gig ssd, 1tb platter drive, 8 gig gddr5 MSI GTX 1070 - Laptop - Specs Intel i7, 16 gigs of ram, 1 tb platter drive, 2 gig NVIDIA Geforce 940MX -

thx for your kind words Millani! I appreciate it a lot! @Miatpi congrats! I like that feeling u giving ur entries.
    'Not obsessing about absolute precision would also be wise. This is polygonal modeling which is approximation, and the precision required is for visual purposes. In other words, not a CAD.' - JA12

Thanks Millani for the comments I appreciate it.

@Miatpi congratulations Miatpi on the win! You made a very striking image.

Nicely done all! I feel like many of these entries could have won on their own in previous contests. Strong entries all and congrats miatpi!
    GTX 780-i5 Quad-16 GB
    Chocobanana - The Captain - Snow Leopard- Neanderthal

Thank you everyone!

Looking forward to the next challenge.

@Millani Thanks again for the feedback, always good to get. My whale looks less mean than where it started, partly to do with the eye shape. Was wandering if anyone would notice. I wanted to pull the whale closer and make it feel larger, so I used the lens distortion node in compositor.

@Miatpi Well done on winning, a simple but a well thought out scene.

Originally Posted by Millani View Post
    RobertT: Poor bucket, tried to hold more water than it could. By the way, am I seeing things, or is there a face on that rock (horizontal center, around 4/5 of the height of the image)? Nice lighting.
    Thank you, Millani! I always appreciate your considerate feedback.

That is an intentional face/expression there on the right.

How I wish I had more time to comment on all these excellent entries.

Excellent work, as always, everyone!

RobertT

Originally Posted by {Millani}
    {caz747: Nice underwater plane (what are the wings for anyway?). I liked how it seems to be sneaking behind an unsuspecting boat. The reflections are cool, but I not sure if they would be visible underwater.}
    Thanks, Millani. It's always interesting to hear your thoughts on the entries, and something I look forward to. The wings on the underwater plane/submarine are there because I think they look cool, and to give the sub an organic look, like a manta ray or some such.
    Not really sure about the lighting or reflections myself, it was all of a bit of a rush job in the end, so I will have to look at all that stuff again.

Really good entries again this week.
    Deviantart profile.
    http://caz747.deviantart.com/

Great job on the victory Miatpi!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12