Minimalistic Interior Render

Looking for feedback on this little piece I made. This is my first time doing an interior in Blender/Cycles. Used to use Vray.

Most things modelled in 3ds Max, then textured in Blender and rendered in Cycles with 5000 samples and denoiser (why? Because I can)

The goal was to achieve a photorealistic image, and if you look at it as a thumbnail or from a little distance away it looks completely photo-realistic, so I am satisfied.

2 models from Dimensiva.com
Textures from Poliigon.com

Attachments

1 Like

Nice picture PrimaVodka! Really good job, and it looks quite realistic indeed.

Few things though: I’m surprised by the material of the door. I’ve barely seen a door made of concrete, and this one seams to be very heavy.
Handles looks small too.
I would also have tried changing the color of the books on the right, and made them not so bright yellow, so they don’t take too much of the focus this side of the picture.

Why the roof is so weird? Because of denoising?

Absolute perfection , I love minimalist rooms.
I love that there’s dirty details in the textures , that adds a lot of realism. They show that there was life in that room , without even having to add a lot of objects.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I forgot I even posted this, so I’m a bit late on the replies, aha.