Robot Tiger Character

Hello everyone! I’m working on this character for a web-comic, and it’s been going pretty well so far (except for rigging and how long it’s taking because of school). Although, I feel as if my growth as an artist is stagnating, so I was hoping to get some critique, mainly on the rigging, since that’s were my knowledge is lacking the most, next to texturing. I just haven’t gotten around to that yet. :confused: You can also disregard any “garbage” you find the *.blend, I’m pretty messy until the model has all the core things it needs done.

Some particular things I’m a bit concerned about:

• Rigging the necklace
  • Rigging the “Handles”
  • Making those cool look UI-like rigs
  • Making the rig more intuitive to use
  • Binding UI buttons to the rig? Can Blender even do that? (Like adding a list of buttons and sliders to the Properities Shelf, that sticks with the rig when it’s linked in other files.)

***More views of the character:

That looks really cool ! I love the design !

I’m not an animator , but a tutorial \ tips might help.

Also , I feel like I’ve seen that before , binding UI buttons to the rig , but I know that definitely requires coding and programming and all that.

Thanks! I’ll definitely find those resources helpful. As for the UI buttons, I have seen someone do it too, I think it was in Lynda.com’s character animation tutorial. I haven’t tried it because of just how confusing the Blender Python documentation can be sometimes!

Now that school is basically out for me, I have time to work on him again, so I made a turntable: