Question about rounding part of my model

Im sorry if this isnt the correct place to ask this but would anyone be able to tell me how to go about modeling this sort of shape? been screwing around with it forever and I cant seem to get it right, Would it be possible to get it like that using the bevel tool? still kind of new to blender, Thanks

Hi and welcome Prior. Maybe try to figure out the topology of that shapes. To me it looks like it would be a good way to do that with subdiv modelling. Look arround for subdiv modelling tutorials. In subdiv it is also possible to use bevel modifier before subdivision for beveling specific edges if needed. good luck and happy blending…

The trick is to break it down into its basic geometry.

In this case it looks like a section from a flattened torus, and then a cross section of that torus. So I made a torus primitive, flattened it slightly, and then made a through knife cut along where I thought the cross section would be. Then I duplicated the loop from the cross section to make another mesh piece. And on that cylindrical cross-section I cleaned up geometry that seemed to be redundant in terms of being co-planar in regards to the major sections.

Next I alter the mesh a bit for intersection by just lining it up. This isn’t too fancy since it’s used as a template, so one part just sticks through the other where it overlaps. Then I duplicate it to make the working mesh where I work out the join. The template mesh gets a subdiv modifier, and the working mesh is snapped then to faces of the template object. This makes things easier because you just focus on the edge flow and tension, as the volume is defined by the template which this snaps to.

And then it’s just a matter of manually building out the section of the join over the two pieces. When that is subdivided the loop distances around the join will help control the smoothing tension. I hit the limit of 3 pics though. 4th pic just shows it capped off with a modest bevel on the end and with subdiv modifier shown.