First go at painting skin

This is my first attempt at hand painting human skin. Only done the face up to now, and still have to work on the bump maps (a little heavy in places).

No specular map at the moment. Simply using principled shader spec with a strength of 2.8 (according to calculations I found in a paper it should be about half of that, but it simply wasn’t working).

Lighting is just from the HDRI, and using filmic colour management - base contrast (which doesn’t seem to like Manuel Bastioni’s shaders, really removing the detail).

Tips for improvement welcome.

Been tweaking bump and diffuse, and in the process, decided I may just start again with the pores.

Oh, I also added her hair back - she was freaking me out with the whole Sigourney Weaver thing. I know she still looks psychotic
, but at least she has hair.

Oh, and started on the spec map.

Not bad but you should use also SSS.
https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/dev/render/cycles/nodes/types/shaders/sss.html

There is SSS on there. The lighting is not optimal. Here’s the same skin with a different light setup.

keep working nice job. maybe if you make eyes better skin would also appear more realistic. I know its about skin paint so nice job probably :wink: