Dea Clarke- Cubebrush Artwar Entry

Dea Clarke-3022 (note: image may appear blurry, please click the image to see enlarged version)

Detail Sheet

Attachments

Here’s extra render :smiley:

This looks great and this piece is one of those that needs to be animated to be appreciated. Even so the detail or lack of opposite colors makes it hard to see the outlines of the character. Maybe it’s supposed to be like that of course because she does have camouflage. Neo Tokyo camouflage :slight_smile:

There’s simply too much stuff on her doesn’t it? Sigh— I feel like this one’s a failure… Say, do you think getting rid of some stuff on her would make her look more standout?

I wouldn’t call this a failure, this stuff is amazing. It’s only hard to make it out from the background. You’re right about the stuff that makes her shape very irregular. I did this in paint to extract the shape:

If you’re going more about the shape you will get a better character. Look at every super hero. You know who is who based only on the outline.

This is great stuff. You’re just 10% away from perfect.

Ah, thanks for pointing that out! Looks like some parts of her equipment can go. What about her weapon though? How should I place it so that it won’t affect her? Maybe more highlighting color on her blade could help?

A different color, pattern or even make it smaller. Right now the color blends to much with the colors of the character.

Right. I’ll try them and see how they’re like. I can’t make it any smaller though because her sword transforms into a 20mm tactical rifle :smiley:

OMG. I totally missed that. That is awesome.

I think the white background really helps! I just took out her blade because adding different color seemed silly after actually rendered haha