how do I make a prefabricated PNG texture fit an edited model?

Hey all, I’ve been working on a model for a while and went back to one of my most recent saves and realized that the textures were gone. So I tried to unwrap the mesh and add the textures again, the only issue is since I’ve edited some Vertices of the mesh it won’t auto map to the PNG and I was never taught how to do it manually, so I was wondering if anyone had any advice. Here is a screenshot of the issue when highlighting the mesh and one after it’s applied, any help would be very much appreciated :slight_smile:

Attachments

Well, if you’re trying to map to an existing picture, I don’t know of any easy way to do it.

Switch to vertex mode on your UV editor, select a vertex, and move it to where it needs to be. Repeat until everything is in the right place.

Edit: Oh you know, if you have the original model and it hasn’t been edited too significantly, you should try a data transfer modifier first, which can shoot rays out from your vertices and might be able to snag the UV coords you want from the original model. I don’t use this too often, and am not at my Blender computer, so can’t guide you through settings right now.