Hi Folks!

Hey, It’s me again! A while ago I just got tired of telephones, cable, internet and all that stuff so I pulled the plug on all of them just to see what it would feel like. Well at first it was like going through withdrawal or something close to that. In fact, perhaps I was addicted. Well, long story short, Back online, new phone, mo betta internet, and here I is… Now all that I need to do is learn this new p.c., and operating system then copy my old files from my poor old antque machine over to here. Whee! What fun! I think that I will search around a bit and get the newest version of blender first and get it up and running. Play time folks! Still no cable though and this suits me just fine. Televisions really are boob tubes, and, most of the sitcoms and other programs are designed to fulfill that task. I’ll just get what airwaves I can for free as I do now. Nice to be back though! Best of all, no more hinky infomercials or commercials (not that a person has to watch them but they keep on showing up anyway). As a bit of a side note, I’m 65 years old now! Aged can be fun… Yak ya later Guys

@pixelmass Welcome back to the plugged in world. :slight_smile: Hey I don’t have cable either, just rabbit ears and happy with that. Allows me to at least catch the news and occasional shows that I might watch. I just went through moving all my files over to a new laptop as well and at fist I was just doing it over the network but it was going so slowly I just did a couple folders and put it off for a long time. But then I decided to get an external 4tb drive and hooked it up to the old laptop, selected all the folders I needed and put them onto the flash drive while I went about my day. To my surprise it went so much faster than over the network connection and same as well with putting those folders back onto the newer laptop I had. Plus a big bonus about doing that is I have a backup of all my stuff if I ever have to do a fresh install of the OS or if the internal drive fails. Also has a converter that comes with it so you can share the same windows files on a mac. Couldn’t pass up the price either https://www.bestbuy.com/site/seagate-backup-plus-slim-4tb-external-usb-3-0-2-0-portable-hard-drive-black/8915094.p?skuId=8915094

It’s good that you decided on not developing an over-reliance on technology. People are more tuned out than ever to actual social behavior because they think it’s sufficient to just communicate via Facebook or their phones.

That’s not to mention a lot of young people are literally feeling lost if they don’t have a screen to stare at. Welcome back anyway, though we should all acknowledge that occasional breaks from technology is still good for the mind and body.

@pixelmass: It’s great you made a conscious decision. I guess ist really important to use technology to meet your needs and not to run after the technical possibilities. Just because it’s available.

Being a bit older and having grown up with less technology available I can appreciate the possibilities modern technology provides on one hand. On the other hand I’ve got a bit more distance to technology because I’m not grown up with but having seen the development what makes decissions a bit more easier on this subject.

Anyhow you should pick the points that are good to you and reject the bad ones.

People forget, that before the internet, life wasn’t better. It was just more boring.