Spartan warrior

Hello, this is a game I am making. It is inspired from an old arcade game called Gladiator.

It has innovative gameplay with only the mouse movement. No clicks, no buttons. I am very proud of it because the gameplay concept I had in mind worked very well.

In a couple months I should be able to uppload a playable demo. It is great fun to be making such a game ! It has been my dream for a long, long time.

Background for the skeletons level =

Attachments

There are weapon and shield upgrades now and also a Kali boss
MouseWarrior2

MouseWarrior

Are the characters can be upgraded?

it looks promising keep it coming just keep on improving it as another day goes by :sunglasses::+1:

Fred/K.S

1 Like

Thanks guys,

Although there are no upgrades in the player, his weapons, shield and armor can be destroyed but also upgraded with random powerups, so that you end up with a different crazy “version” of him each time you play the game.

Also, he is driven by the mouse, ie the animations are not pre-recorded (nor the enemies, they can strike at any height at will).

can you make a video of this ? You can use bge.render.makeScreenshot to screenshot every frame , then after use ffmpeg to convert all images to a video

1 Like

Thanks for your interest and guidelines,
yes a video is in order, I will do my best to do it in the weekend and PM you.

why not make it in real 3D ? for gameplay reasons ?

Yes. This is a side scrolling game and I wanted to make this game
before I had even laid my hands on Blender and even perhaps Blender had
even existed. Blender just happened to allow me to make the game of my dreams a reality.

A 3d version of this game would be a completely different game.

It is important to build the idea that strikes you most. Personally I like 2.5d games best
(that is, 2d games implemented in a 3d engine, like this one, or like numerous
top or side scrolling shoot em ups, etc).

Gameplay video.

2 Likes

is this the remake of GODS ?

but your character fights with far more dignity :smiley: