HMS Holland

Old model that I’ve redone using the Filmic color management settings and the new Principled shader.

13 Likes

That’s good work.

1 Like

Great amount of work here!! what accuracy(technical) is there ? Thank you, cheers

I’ve been looking at this thing for a bit not it’s great! I had no idea they had submarines in 1901. Looks like standing room only. How many crew did she have?

It’s as accurate as I could make it. I have a copy of basic blue prints and I took extensive photos of the ship at the museum in Gosport England. I’ve also been able to acquire some vintage photos of the engine and other details.

That’s awesome, I really appreciate the LOD you put into your models, great textures too…

Thanks for the comment.

Crew of 8 - it must have been quite crowded and unpleasant.

It was England’s first submarine. More details here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Holland_1

Hi,

I really love the work you do. I started to make my own CAD model of the Holland, basically as basis for a 3D-printed model. I work of the John Lambert plans which areva good source for the hull and basic arrangements, but they lack detail , especially for the engine. You said, you have vintage photos of the engines and other details. Could you point me toward the source or would it possible to get copies?

Cheers Andreas

It’s been a long time since I worked on this project, but I was able to find my reference material.

Send an email to: [email protected]

and I’ll get you a Zip file of my reference material. I can also give you an OBJ of the 3D model if that would be helpful.

Thanks allot for thi skind offer. I sent you an e-mail.

Cheers Andreas