Rigify Error

I am a beginner to blend. I got these message in using Rigify.
I didn’t rename any things.
I keep getting this message when I clicked generate button.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Traceback (most recent call last):

File “…\Blender\2.76\scripts\addons\rigify\ui.py” , line 286, in execute
generate.generate_rig(context, context.object)

File “…\Blender\2.76\scripts\addons\rigify\generate.py”, line 139, in generate_rig
bone_gen = obj.data.bones[bone.name]

KeyError: ‘bpy_prop_collection[key]: key “hips” not found’

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How could I solve it?
I tried to create a new mega-rig for my model, But it didn’t work.

Hey; check out this link

Rigify is really finicky, not very robust.

When I was getting a lot of errors, what ended up working was disabling all other add-ons and remaking my skeleton.

If you’re not doing facial bones or something weird like a model where you’re not sure how many arms you’re going to eventually want, I don’t think that there’s a lot to be gained from rigify other than using it to generate a quick humanoid skeleton and then ignoring the whole auto-rig deal, just weighting directly to the metarig. Making a few IK bones takes literally one minute, and the whole FK<->IK thing is most often unneeded complexity, or when it’s not, done more effectively by making two rigs.

Reload Blender using 2.79 instead of 2.76. The rigify rigs between the two and the add ons are not playing nice.