Millennium Angel Lebelia

WARNING: SOME RENDERS MAY NSFW

Angel that I’m making based on 2017-18 standard! Started today, and have long way to go!
(The first image is the most recent update)

Attachments

Started working!

Both facial and body anatomy look great. The overall look is kind of strange right now. The clothing and hair and wings don’t make much sense to me personally. :smiley:

But if you made this model from scratch, good job on the modeling. I think now it’s just a question of finding the right style for her.

Thanks about the style. You are right. I did notice a few thing that didn’t look balanced to overall mood she’s generating.
I wanted her clothing to be more like an urban and a bit of chic into it. Perhaps changing her hair color and her wing would look better?

Ive updated her a bit :smiley: I spent about 2 hours of time trying to get her hot pants simulation right. However, whenever I find correct setup, its back jitters and don’t settle at all. So I had to compromise on it to make the fabric more stiff. As right now, There’s no wrinkles showing like I wanted.

Perhaps you guys can give me some insight on that:)

I am planning to give her a furred leather jacket and a baseball hat with gold plate on it :slight_smile: Maybe give her some bling blings as well

As for the hair, it’s still far from over, I’d say only 30%. But I think I should scrap it and give her a short hair. If I’m going to give her a hat, short hair would certainly fit better once I run simulation.

Unfortunately, I am little too lazy to fix those weird glossiness on her skin. I have no idea what happened to the original texture because there’s nothing on it… hmmmm

Updated everything except her hair! Added leather jacket, but simulation still needs refining!

Updated her leather jacket! Now have normal map!
But I’m having trouble with her hair particle! They disappear on edit and I didn’t even hid them!

Looks great so far! I like the doll-like style!
What do you mean by ‘disappear on edit?’ Do you mean after you’ve changed the topology of the model? When entering Hair Edit mode?
Since the hair design right now looks fairly simple, I would probably just remake the hair from scratch, working from coarse to fine in 2 or 3 particle systems (last one for frizz).

By the way, are you planning to rig it when you’re done modeling?

Sorry for an ambiguity, it doesn’t show when I enter particle edit mode. Changing the topology hasn’t been a problem, but strangely, particle hairs (other than children) does now display even though I didn’t hid them.
I’ve imported on a fresh file and now it seems to work?
Strange…
oh yeah, I may try few different hairstyles. I’m actually considering giving her a black hat with a gold plate on center. What do you think?
So far, I’m terrible with styling so some advise here and there would be helpful!

and yep, I am planning to rig her. Do some cute poses with her I think

Fixed her hair! Little rough but everything considered, I’m satisfied!

Re-worked her hairstyle, and gave her a snapback! I think it looks cooler?

Also, completely reworked her wing!

It’s goin’ better and better… Congrat’s, keep the passion… I would set the wings higher (in comparision to often seen other art-work conc. “Angels”). Anatomically spoken, they should have their origin in the upper third of the shoulder blades. So, seen from the front, at the height of the lower ends of the collarbones.

Thanks, but for once, I’ll have to disagree with anatomy here. In order for her wings to flap, she would need Pectoralis Major just like her human arms needs it. Thus technically, that would mean she’ll need double, which offsets her wings under her arm in order for her wings to move again. This would also mean there needs to be extra shoulder blade as well…

I found this image quite convincing.

But, sure. I’ll raise her wings a bit if it looks more natural.

A relatively small update. Her cap updated and her wings fixed

I love the progress on the hair! I’d personally recommend adding more parent strands (in the particle edit mode so you don’t lose your progress), and adding a bit of noise to the child strands. A good final touch would be adding a much sparser, noisier ‘frizz’ layer as a separate particle system.

I roughened her hair a bit, and added that extra frizz layer. At this point, it seemed little redundant considering I was going for that nicely combed hair style. I did added extra parents though.

It was too rough so I fixed it as best as I could… and added it some styling :smiley:

Your head model looks pretty good! Did you use any references for it?