Render game scene at higher resolution than monitor supports

I need a print of a scene from my game. Switching to blender render messes up things such as LODs or normal maps. So can I render a higher resolution from within the BGE? Like with a script or something? My monitor is 1080p but I need a much higher resolution, so I cannot just screenshot.

I wonder if the game(screenshot) actuator can do that. Or maybe the bge.render.makeScreenshot(filename)

Only at my monitor’s resolution. I need it to be higher resolution (3000x2400), for a print.

Not the ideal but you can pause, move the camera making multiple screenshots and then join them (outside BGE)

Even if I could do that, that would not increase the resolution. That’d only add more to the sides of the view area, which would probably clip through walls, and distort the image.

Resolution refers to the density of the pixels on the screen at a given time. I need a higher resolution than my monitor supports, thus I cannot render at that resolution with the game engine. I’d like to know if there’s a python trick or some other method to render a screenshot at a given resolution.

Use render to texture, and save the output using PIL.
Normal BGE limits this to window size, but UPBGE doesn’t.

Upbge? Yep. Time to switch over to it. Lol