High quality skull

Good afternoon everybody ,
this is the result of my academic thesis in Dentistry at University of L’Aquila; Abruzzo; Italy : “Study and implementation of a decomposable virtual skull in 54 anatomically correct elements” By Dr Mariano Coretti

This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License (CC BY 3.0)
Specific Attribution: “Created by Mariano Coretti.”

the work can be download from here https://www.dropbox.com/s/brhezceym0m2y … k.zip?dl=0

Anyone may use this work for any purpose provided it is attributed as specified.

A presentation can see here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6AYF9f10Xs

I hope I was helpful

Best Regards

Mariano

Attachments

1 Like

Hey,
nice work man! I really like the lighting and textures. - Detailed, yet very clean.
I can image that this can be very useful for people studying anatomy for sculpting and character creation.

I would suggest you post this under the “finished projects”. Very few people see the works in here in the “focused critique” and I think a lot of people would love this project. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Dan

Very Beautiful!!

1 Like

very nice, :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very nice! I love skulls! I made a lot of them, you can see here the last one I did

1 Like

Amazing !
I’ve also been working on one. I had to suspend it in the middle of its progress but I made it available in CC0 anyway.
I went for reproducing a real one from scans rather than producing an anatomical “average” and clean version because I want it to be usable for films rather than educational content.

So I think our projects kind of complete each other :wink:
Have a look and feel free to discuss on it : Accurate human skull (available on Blendswap)

Keep up this very skull work ! :skull:

1 Like

Thank you Charmaleon. How do you create your beautiful skull ? From interpolation of dicom images ?

“Charmaleon” : now that’s a first for me.

I created mine from the default cube using Blender’s sculpting tools.
Once I got something that looked like a skull, I imported a raw photoscanned skull that I downloaded from the internet and continued sculpting my “cleaner” model on top of it by switching between view layers and sometimes displaying both models at the same time to make them overlap.

I could’ve started directly from the scanned model and cleaned it up but this project is also an anatomy exercise for me.

1 Like

Great. in the sea of ​​the CG everything is an exercise to improve themselves …

if I can help you … ask me

Thanks. When I get back to working on this project (not anytime soon), I’ll let you know if I need help and also show you the “finished” result (if there is such a thing as a finished art piece)

1 Like

You are right. It’s hard to finish …

I know, too many technical and anatomical point of view …

“l’arte non è mai finita, solo abbandonata.”
Leonardo da Vinci

(translated : “art is never finished, only abandoned.”)

Great quote but it was… “Ante creative commons” :smile:

what does that mean ?

With the right CC license CG never ends if you want … (Example : you can strat from my work and so on …)

Great quote Chameleon… you have a great culture

ah, yeah totally. You could almost remove the “abandoned” from the quote, although even free content or open source projects can be left to collect dust and never be picked up again if there’s a better alternative.