Lost In Darkness(RPG)

Hello Blenderartists!

Here’s something that i’m currently working on(using UPBGE), and want to share with you guys.

Third person dark themed medieval/fantasy RPG, where you will be able to recruit companions,
build your party and simultaneously control up to three characters.

Plan is to make game moddable as much as possible, so one could model/animate his own
equipment and actors, build scenes in blender or define abilities and add them to the game
through the database.

Hope you’ll like it :eyebrowlift:

The Party:

Is this all so far? What else do you have? What’s the premise? What are your plans for it? What kind of RPG is it, top-down? Third-person behind-the-back?

It’s hard to know what you’re doing with only a screenshot and a title. You should put some more info down. This post should be your pitch, after all.

Inventory and Stash:

Sounds cool, we need more RPG’s in BGE…this is the third I know of so far…mine(Myrlea), Ecclesia and this…I hope to see more soon…I love RPG’s.

Thank you for your interest in game :). I put some more info in first post(waited for post approval).

Okay, so you edited your post to add some details, but it’s still pretty bare-bones. Can you go into more detail? What, aside from a companion recruitment system, can we expect to see in this game? What you’ve given us now is the equivalent of giving us the Super Smash Bros. character select screen and saying “it’s a fighting game! what do you think?”. I don’t know what to think, you have an idea and a concept screenshot. I need more meat before I can give you an opinion.

Keep going, though, that screenshot is a good start.

Relax, no need to squash anyones dreams here, or push someone into failure. He can update as he sees fit.

Wow, you’re pretty sensitive, huh? I’m not “squashing anyone’s dreams”. Last time I checked, this board isn’t a safe space for pure positivity. Do you see any namecalling? Or any pure dismissal? No. I’m criticizing. That’s what helps people grow.

I am very sensitive…and arrogant :slight_smile: I may have misunderstood your post, but to me it came off like a lot of negatives only to follow up with a quip of positivity…none the less, this conversation is not going to further his progress…so I will bow out of the conversation.

Pickables:

Hi, looks great…but in the screenshot ,what you uploaded…set up some light in front…some area light for ambient, because the front of the characters is not visible ( they are too dark for me )

Merchant:

Thank you :).

The characters use very basic mesh for now with no facial features like: eyes, mouth etc, that might be the reason why they look dark to you.
They are just placeholders for now, because i needed something to work with. I will need to do proper rig and models sometime in future as game progress.

I love RPG’s to! That was the main reason i take on this challenge :spin:.

Crafting:

Woah hang on, the only post of yours I’ve seen until now is the very first one. What the hell? You’ve been posting and updating this whole time but it literally didn’t show up for me.

No, it didn’t show to anyone. Posts were needed to be approved from moderators, since i didn’t had enough
posts counts.

Nice! RPGs are super fun to build imo. Almost inspires me to dump a week on some new prototype… Almost.
Subscribes to thread

Visually the game is looking very nice. Record some videos and upload the gameplay. Good work.

Thank you :slight_smile: