Nissan Datsun 240z

hello,
this is my second finished project (altough not completely finisehd car model).
I decided to post anyway since the to finish it completely will take additional 3 or 4 month.:spin:

So this is a model of a Nissan datsun 240z i created (interior not finished yet)
The scene is just some store front images on planes and a street texture on a plane + some motion blur.
It is not uv unwrapped yet, so apart from the number plate there are not textures yet.

Attachments

4 Likes

Before and after colour grading:

Wireframe of the rims, took me some tries:

Attachments

4 Likes

Great image, make sure to get a nice clean render when you do the final.

This is super cool! If I was you I would animate the car and render some actual motion blur, It will just look more believable.
Thanks for posting this!

Thank you, I’ll do that :slight_smile:

Thank you! :slight_smile:
actually it is real motion blur, I just made the wheels spinning, and the scene moving. The car itself is standing still.
Maybe a strange approach but thats what I came up with :smiley:

That is an awesome render! I love all the colors - It gives it a cool retro look. The bump-mappng on the car paint also works very good. It’s a shame that the nice reflections get distorted close to the handle. - It is very hard to avoid this though. :confused:

Cool render. I love those reflections on the car. Maybe its overall too clean. Especially the bumper looks way too new. I would add some surface imperfections. Just my two cents!

Keep it up!

Hey! :slight_smile: thank you, to be honest, I didnt notice the reflections :grin:, but yes, its a shame, I will look into that. I might be able to fix that using a guide Mesh and the shrinkwrap modifier, we will see!
I am currently working on the interior.

Thank you for your two cents :money_mouth_face::grinning:
Your right, for a 1970s car its way to pristine. Currently there are no textures applied, but I am planning on doing so. For the paint I just used a noise texture as a bump map, just to make it a little bit more interesting.

Very cool! I love the model and the lighting.

I’ve started building a 240z a few months ago myself but I’m far away from reaching your level, though a good thing to aim for.